I End Up on a 10-Year-Old's Shit List

Theo's POV

Before I left Olympus, I decided to make a call. It wasn't easy, but I finally found a quiet fountain in a corner garden, where I found Percy just finishing an Iris message.

He told me that he was just calling his brother, Tyson. He said that Tyson will visit Camp Half-Blood next summer. I couldn't wait to see the big guy again.

Then he told me about the Iris message he had sent to his mother. Apparently, Ms. Jackson is now dating a teacher named Paul Blofis (Yep, that's his actual surname). She was happy with him, so Percy was cool with it.

He patted me on the shoulder before leaving. I walked up to the fountain and took a golden drachma out of my pocket.

Theo: O, goddess, accept my offering.

I tossed the coin into the rainbow, where it shimmered.

Theo: David Miller. East Flatbush, Brooklyn.

The mist shimmered, and there was David, cleaning up the living room.

Theo: Hey, David.

David looked behind him and smiled when he saw me.

David: Hey, kiddo. How'd it go in Olympus?

I told him about what happened at the solstice. When Artemis relieved Zoe of her duties as a Hunter, how Thalia became a Hunter and Artemis' new lieutenant, and Bessie's fate.

When I told him about the dance Annabeth and I had, he smirked.

David: And? Don't tell me you stopped it there.

I blushed as I told him that we kissed. He then started celebrating like he had just won the NBA Finals with a tie-breaking buzzer beater at overtime of Game 7.

Theo: David, you're a grown-ass man. Calm down.

David: Okay, okay. It's about time you made a move.

I blushed a bit as he suddenly became nervous.

David: Mind if I ask you something?

Theo: Sure.

David: Well...How would you feel if I...let's say...started seeing another woman?

I raised my eyebrows.

Theo: Why are you asking me?

David: Well...

Theo: David, as long as you're happy, I'll be fine with it. Besides, I think Samantha would want you to move on.

David let out a sigh of relief and smiled when I mentioned his late wife.

David: Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks, kid.

Theo: Don't worry about it.

David: See you around, Theo.

He waved his hand across the mist, and his image disappeared.

???: It's a good day when the Millers are happy.

I turned around and saw Thalia walking towards me. She was wearing the same attire she'd usually wear, but she was now sporting a silver circlet on her head.

Theo: (chuckles) Yeah, I guess it is. How are you getting on, now that you're a Hunter?

Thalia: (sighs) It feels right. It's like I finally feel like I belong.

Theo: (smiles) Well, I'm happy for you. Really.

Thalia: So am I. (smirks) Especially now that you and Annabeth are finally a thing.