Objective: Talk It Out

3rd POV

After Y/n left to the office, Chica quickly entered Mangle's cove to check on her. She stepped through the curtains to see Mangle sitting on her bed, deep in thought. Concerned, Chica quickly ran over and turned Mangle to face her.

(Chica): Mangle, are you okay?! What did he do to you?!

(Mangle): C-Calm down! He didn't do anything to me. I was the one who pulled him into my cove.

Chica was taken aback by this answer. Mangle almost never let anyone go in her cove, aside from her sister. So why did she have a sudden change of heart?

(Chica): Why would you bring that creep in with you? Who knows what could've happened!

Mangle then stood up with a glare on her face, and started speaking in a matter-of-fact tone.

(Mangle): I'll tell you what could've happened. Had Y/n not been around, I might've gotten assaulted again!

(Chica): W-What do you mean? I thought--

(Mangle): Well, while you and the others weren't paying attention, some man was peeking into my cove and was about to come inside, but Y/n came and stopped him. He pulled out a gun and threatened to kill the man if he didn't back off. So I pulled Y/n into my cove because I wanted to thank him and ask him a few questions. He showed genuine concern for me!

Once again, Chica was taken aback by what Mangle was saying. Never before had one of the employees shown any empathy towards her or any of the other girls. Before Chica could continue her thoughts, Mangle started speaking again.

(Mangle): I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth him! As far as I'm concerned, having Y/n here is the best thing that's happened since this place opened. We're not gonna get a guard like him ever again, so you and the others need to stop screwing up this chance!

Chica was speechless at this point. Mangle had never behaved like this before. She was always a shy and timid person who was afraid to make conversation, yet here she was, standing up for another person like she'd known him for years.

(Mangle): <sigh> Chica... will all of you please just give him a chance? For me?

Mangle clasped her hands together and looked at Chica with puppy-dog eyes, which she was unable to resist.

(Chica): Alright. I'm gonna go speak to him. If he can get you to act like this, then maybe he really is different.

Mangle's expression changed into one of happiness once again, as she pulled Chica into a hug.

(Mangle): Thank you! Now get going, before he leaves!

(Chica): Alright, alright, I'm going! Calm down!

Separating herself from Mangle's bone-crushing hug, Chica stepped out of the curtains and made her way to Y/n's office.

(Chica): *thinking* Still, I can't help but feel like there's something off about Y/n. Just what makes this guy tick?

Before long, Chica had reached the right doorway, and saw Y/n sitting in his chair, rubbing his temples. Chica then cleared her throat to get his attention. Y/n turned his head towards the doorway, and scoffed when he saw who was there.

(Y/n): What do you want? Here to berate me for more shit I haven't done.

(Chica): No. I came to say... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for accusing you. I spoke to Mangle, and she told me everything.

Well. There's something Y/n certainly didn't expect to hear. It was a surprise, to be sure. But a welcome one. With a sigh, Y/n responded to Chica's apology.