Chapter 1: How We Met

Beautiful stranger catching my stare
It's fate we collided right then back there

Beautiful Stranger - Laufey

September 13th, 2021

I lift my right arm, moving it around to find where the hell my phone is, until I find the charging cord that led me to the screen to turn my alarm off. Some of you can agree with me, there are days where the struggle is real. "Ugh, I don't want to stand up, it's freaking cold outside", I grunt out to the world, not getting a response since I live alone. "Fine", I roughly rub my eyes and stretch my limbs around, making the weirdest sounds too. Taking the covers off myself, I head to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

On the way to the bathroom, I grab my speaker and my phone from my nightstand to enter my Spotify account and press play on my 'Shower Music' Playlist. It has a lot of upbeat songs from the 2000's and 2010's to help me wake up and get good vibes to deal with the day ahead of me.

Once I finished my own little concert, because the shower is my only stage, I went straight to my closet to pick an outfit. As I grunted earlier, is very cold today, so I settled for some black jeans, black boots, a burgundy long sleeve t-shirt and tan ¾ coat along with a tan beanie as well. I blow-dried my hair, because I don't want to get sick, and put my hair up in a ponytail. I've never really liked wearing my hair down.

Satisfied with my look, I grab my backpack, getting my computer, my tablet and my books inside of it. I go back to my nightstand to get all the charging cables for my devices and my earbuds as well. Passing through my open kitchen, I open the pantry and grab a couple of snacks, plus a pop tart and a Snapple for my breakfast. I know is something simple but I'm on a rush, so I just shove everything in my bag before heading out.

The walk from my loft to the nearest train stop is about 10 minutes and since it's very early, I pop my earbuds on and press play on my 'Ultimate Playlist', that has all my favorite songs. The first song that starts to play is 'Everybody Talks' by Neon Trees, so I start moving my head along to the beat as well as dancing back and forth.

I walk down the stairs and swipe my Oyster metro card to enter the platform. One of the screens read that the next train will arrive in a couple of minutes, so I walk near the edge of the platform to be one of the first to enter and hopefully, get the chance to travel sitting down. 'Crazy=Genius' by Panic! At The Disco starts playing when the train stops in front of me and the sliding doors open, allowing me to enter. Today is my lucky day, I get to sit through the whole ride to school.

As always, everyone is minding their own business, even more so since it's only 6:30 AM. The music today though, is at its finest. 'Fallin' (Adrenaline)' by Why Don't We starts playing and the only rational thing to do was to start lip-syncing and air playing every single instrument in the song. I could feel a few people staring at me weirdly but I don't care, I'm in my element.

I open my eyes for a moment to see a girl staring at me from across my seat. She smiles as I continue to mimic the lyrics of the song, giving her a personal mime concert. After I finish playing the last notes on my air drums, she moves her hands to give me a small round of applause for my recent performance as I start bowing, making her giggle at my dorkiness. Our little moment came to an end rather quickly since she went back to doing whatever she was doing on a big notebook that is resting on her lap, and me well, I continued to listen to the music, very aware that soon I would have to get off the train.

The train stopped and I stood up to get on my way. As I was heading out, I felt a hand grab my arm. I turn around to see the girl I gave the concert to earlier. "Hey, before you go, I wanted to give you this", she says as she hands me a drawing of me. It was her view of me rocking out to my music.