Chapter 14: Katty

But I think it's time I finally found somebody new
And tell myself that she's the one to get me through

Because I Had You - Shawn Mendes

Y/N's POV

October 23rd, 2021

It's the weekend, but I have to work. Yesterday we started filming the last reshoots on the New York set, but all the scenes we have to film don't have Lizzie on them so, I'm not seeing her today. She's over at the warehouse building set filming some scenes from Kamar-Taj.

We haven't seen each other since Thursday afternoon, when she went back home and I went to the club for work. After my small confession about her being my celebrity crush and partially revealing my on-growing love for her, that she has made sure to keep teasing me about, I haven't been able to stop thinking about what that would be like.

Me and Lizzie. Us being girlfriends. Going on dates, cuddling while watching TV, cooking together, going to work together, kissing, getting to second ba-wow, hold your horses Y/N, she's engaged and really in love with the guy. Either way, how awesome would it be to finally give myself the chance to jump back into the love game, and what better way to do it with Elizabeth Olsen. One can dream, right?

Anyway, right now we are filming a scene where a lot of cars and things are flying around, so it's very loud. Thankfully, I have my headset on and only can hear what the actors are saying. After two hours out in the freezing cold, the directors call cut and lunch break. Finally.

Everyone starts walking towards some tents with picnic tables and chairs. There's a big line, and people are being handed disposable containers with food and bottled drinks before sitting down at the tables.

When I finally arrive at the main table, a familiar voice makes me look up to only be instantly frozen in place. "Here you go", the woman in front of me tells me before handing me my food. I can't believe it. Why is she here? Why her? Why today? Why now? The only thing I was able to do was say her name to confirm it is her.

"Katty?", I choke out. She was giving away more containers to the people behind me, but when she heard my voice, she looked up at me and her eyes widened.

"Y/N Girard?! I haven't seen you in ages! How are you?", she says with her signature smile, while pulling me aside and hugging me instantly. At first, I hesitated to hug her back, but the familiarity and her scent, god...I couldn't resist and gave in. We pulled away from the hug after a few seconds and she spoke again. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm working on this production", I say while rubbing the back of my neck. Jeez, why is she making me nervous?

"You're still deep into the film creation business, huh?", she says with a smile. God, that smile and the way she speaks to you so softly. I almost forgot why I liked her so much.

"Yeah, it's my passion, you know that. What about you? I see your business has grown so much", I say pointing at her little operation. When we were together, she created a catering business. At the beginning, it was very small but now, to be able to provide food for a Marvel project, she is certainly big and important.

"Yeah, last year we had our biggest event yet and since then, we've been recommended to a couple of big companies, hence the reason why I'm here", she says making me nod. Then someone yelled her name and she looked back at me with a sad smile. "I'm so sorry, I have to cut this short. It was so good to see you. Bye Gigi", she tells me, making sure to use the nickname she had for me, waving before going back to work.

"Bye Kat", I wave back and walk to the table where the cast is. "Hi guys", I shortly greet everyone before sitting down.

"Who was that Y/N? It looked like you girls are pretty close", Mr. Wong comments, making everyone turn their attention to me.