Chapter 25: New Year's Confessions

I love you (love you, oh)
I love you in every universe
You'll always be the first
I love you, you're my only one

P.S. I LOVE YOU - Paul Partohap

Y/N's POV

December 28th, 2021

It's been a couple of days since I spent Christmas with my Princess. I've been thinking about her a lot. I'm going to tell her how I feel. I wasn't clear on how I'm going to do it, but I know I have to do it before I leave.

Lizzie mentioned that after the holiday, she's going back to filming her show. That's going to keep her busy for the next 3 months. Then she has the movie's press tour, so it's going to be a long time until we see each other again. The time to tell her I'm in love with her is now.

Today is my graduation. Julie and Andrea are graduating too. Since I don't have any family, Julie's parents told me they'll cheer for me when my name gets called to receive my diploma. I'm really thankful for their support, I just wished my parents were here. Maybe they're watching me from somewhere.

I told Lizzie about my graduation earlier this week, but since she has this new shooting schedule for her show, she's been mad busy arranging everything. She had to postpone the filming of the show to do the reshoots of the movie and she also went on tour with Hobo Jesus, so now she has to catch up on her shoots and will be filming 24/7 once the new year starts. So, I'm not getting my hopes up about seeing her today.

The ceremony started soon enough and after the speeches and awards, it was time for the diplomas. "Andrea Dandridge, Bachelor in Arts, major in Theater", Dean Watson says through the microphone, and I cheer for her. After all, we spent a lot of time working together on our performance and graduated thanks to it.

"Julie Walker, Bachelor in Communication, major in Business Affairs", Julie's family cheers loudly for her. I join in on the celebration before she receives her diploma and shows it to everyone. After a few people, it was my turn. I got really anxious but couldn't let myself have a crisis right now.

"Y/N Girard, Bachelor in Arts, major in Filmography", Dean Watson calls my name and I make my way to the stage. I was taking some deep breaths while walking. Dean Watson gives me my diploma and I shake his hand. I move to my side towards the audience and once I lift my diploma, loud cheers erupt in the audience.

I look towards Julie's family and right behind them I see...Lizzie! And Mr. Cumberbatch and all my friends from the club. A big smile appears on my face and before I get off stage, I do my happy dance, making the audience laugh. I look towards my Princess, and she mouths a 'Dork', making me chuckle before getting off the stage.

The names of the rest of the graduates kept getting called and the ceremony finished an hour later. As soon as we were done, Julie and I stood up and walked towards her family.

"Julie, sweetheart, we're so proud of you", Paul, Julie's father, brings her into a family hug. Once they pulled away, they hugged me as well. After some small talk and agreeing to see each other at the club to celebrate, I excused myself and walked towards my friends.

As soon as Lizzie sees me, she smiles cutely, and I engulf her in a hug. I spin around with her in my arms while we both giggle. I put her back down before pulling her close to me. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't miss my Angel's graduation. This paper officially grants you the title of 'Certified Film Dork' and I wanted to be here to cheer you on. I'm so proud of you", she tells me, and my eyes start to water. If it wasn't for the fact that we are around a lot of people, I would kiss her right here, right now.