Chapter 36: Made to Break

Oh, and why can't I quit
When you break my heart open?
I need you more than I know, oh
And I can't resist
When you're up against my skin
I never wanna let you go

Perfectly Wrong - Shawn Mendes

Lizzie's POV

May 2nd, 2022

It's been almost two weeks since I last saw Y/N. Two weeks since our fight. Two weeks where I've felt alone as never before. We haven't really talked since I left for the press tour. I know she's in Toronto right now since she texted me about it. She has been texting me, but I haven't replied once. I really don't know what to tell her. But I really miss her.

After the most amazing night of my life, the night where we gave in into our desires and made love, I was ready to spend the rest of my life with Y/N, until I received that text. Robbie finally gave signs of life and texted me that he was coming back home. That got me really nervous and anxious, that's why without noticing, I started to push Y/N away, causing for us to fight.

The truth is, I don't know if staying with her is the right thing to do. Everything is against us. Our careers, the fans, society. I wouldn't want us getting into a scandal for loving each other, it's just not right. And even though Y/N promised me to support me and be there for me through it all, I can't help but feel scared.

It's also not fair for her to be hiding her partner. Every time she's with me, she seems so proud of being my girlfriend, she has told me that many times too. After all those disastrous relationships she has been in, she gave herself the chance to love again and now I'm ruining everything.

Today is actually our 1-month anniversary. And instead of being with her, I'm at the World Premiere for 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness'. I know it's my job, but I still wish she was here with me. After all, we met thanks to this project. I finished this project thanks to Y/N's friendship and love. She should be here.

"Lizzie, are you ready?", Sarah asks me, making me snap out of the trance I was in.

"Yeah, just let me grab something before we go", I tell her before buttoning Y/N's suit jacket from the night she asked me to be her girlfriend. I never gave it back, and it has been like my comfort jacket throughout the whole tour, making me feel grounded, relaxed and today specifically, closer to her since I'm actually wearing it as part of my outfit for the premiere. I also grab my phone and check if I have any messages. And indeed, I had a bunch of texts from Y/N.

My Angel 🦸😇

Hi Princess

Happy 1-month anniversary!

I love you and I wish we could be together

I really don't know if you're getting these messages

But I will send them anyway

Today it's the World Premiere too

I'll be wishing you the best of luck

Hope you enjoy yourself

I'm on set all day today

But if you want to call me, I'll answer my phone just for you

I miss you Lizzie, so much

P.S. THEY FINALLY ANNOUNCED THE SIX: THE MUSICAL ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING ALBUM!!!

Sorry for yelling, but I'm so excited!!!

It releases on Friday

Maybe we could listen to it together