Chapter 10: Late Night Talking

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars

Y/N'S POV

"You were amazing, Y/N. And I got it all on my phone", Lizzie says while showing me her phone with a video of my performance.

"Ooooh, send that to me, would you? I'm glad my little performance, which you caused, made you smile like that. I plan to keep it for the rest of the day. There's a couple more activities I've planned. I'm hoping you're still up to do them?", I ask, willing to change our plans if she was tired of all the walking we've done.

"Oh absolutely! I'm excited to see what else you've planned", she says shaking my arm slightly to keep on walking to our next destination.

We sit at yet another open space in the park. This one has a fountain surrounded by benches with people and kids running around. There are a couple of vendors selling popcorn, cotton candy and balloons, as well as skaters strolling around and artists making portraits, with music playing lowly.

Afternoon had begun to fall, the skies are painted with pink, orange and yellow clouds. It is a beautiful view, but not as beautiful as Lizzie. There is a small breeze that is throwing her hair back just perfectly. The whole scene just looks out of a movie. I must have been looking at her for a long time, because before I knew it, she had turned her head from looking at the view, and now I'm met by her bright emerald eyes looking straight into mine. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Looking at you like what?", I ask nervous after getting busted.

"Like I'm the only thing in the world", she says softly. I hadn't realized I was looking at her like that. But it seemed it didn't bother her. Her response left me speechless. I didn't know how to answer. Am I starting to catch feelings for her? Why does everything she says or does is so perfect to me?

"I don't really know. I just enjoy looking at beautiful views. And well, you plus the mild breeze and the colorful sky, it looks like a masterpiece", I say not really knowing where those words came from. My heart was faster than my brain. She just smiles at me before moving her head again to look forward. That's when the song 'Just the Way You Are' by Bruno Mars starts playing on the background.

Oh, her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her tryin'
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Yeah, I know, I know
When I compliment her, she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so
Sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me, "Do I look okay?"
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah

Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates, but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Oh, you know, you know
You know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searchin' for, then just stay the same
So don't even bother askin' if you look okay
You know I'll say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are