Chapter 33: The Big Question

First time that I met you
I didn't have a damn clue
That I love everything about you
Now I can't think of life without you

All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) - Lauv

Lizzie's POV

April 2nd, 2022

Everything has been absolute bliss ever since Y/N and I kissed. I swear, I had been waiting for that moment for so long, and right when it happened, I couldn't be happier with the result. She truly is the best kisser, and since now we've crossed that barrier, I haven't stopped kissing her every chance I get to do so.

Right after our weekend full of kissing, Y/N had to go back to New York to arrange the transportation of a couple of sets and props for her movie over to Toronto. She has been so busy, she hasn't been able to stay long in our daily calls or to answer my texts immediately, which makes me feel very lonely. And that makes me remember bad times with Robbie.

Talking about him, after what happened that dreadful night, I haven't talked to him at all. He hasn't searched for me either. Not that I want to talk to him, but it still amazes me how quickly he forgot about me.

Anyway, since Y/N won't be back in LA and I'm leaving for the press tour for 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness' in two weeks, Y/N suggested I travel over to New York to stay with her. And that's where I'm right now, sleeping soundly at her loft. I got to say, she has really good taste in real state.

I was spread out on Y/N's bed and started to move my arm to find her body and cuddle with her, but when I opened my eyes to see where she was, I realized I was alone

I was spread out on Y/N's bed and started to move my arm to find her body and cuddle with her, but when I opened my eyes to see where she was, I realized I was alone. I sit up on the bed and brush my hair back before huffing frustrated. I want cuddles with my Angel.

"Angel?", I call out with a croaky voice. I got no response, but I knew better than to get worried. She never leaves without leaving a note or leaving a text in our chat.

I quickly got out of the bed and went to fetch my phone. I had no texts from her and there weren't any pieces of paper that looked like notes around the room, so I decided to go search for her downstairs.

The loft was very quiet, and Y/N is absolutely silent when she wakes up before me. She says I need my beauty sleep, and that she isn't the one taking it away, so she normally puts on her earbuds while she works or reads until I wake up. She's so thoughtful in that way.

I make my way down the stairs and see my beautiful Angel sat on one of the kitchen stools while looking at her phone. She looked so cute while being concentrated in whatever she was doing on the device, but I wanted her attention.

"Good morning, Angel", I say out loud, but she doesn't look at me. Maybe I was a bit far and not loud enough. "Angel, hello", I say once again, now a bit closer to her, but she is still looking at her phone and typing rather fast. From where I was standing, I could see she had her earbuds on. That makes sense. I knew she wasn't going to listen to me even if I tried, so I did the only reasonable thing.