07.

They had finally moved into their new apartment a few months ago. They were settling in just fine, and have had enough time to adjust to their new roommate, Quinn. It was just nearing the end of summer, meaning Tara and the Twins would be starting their University life at Blackmore. They were surprisingly doing well considering what happened to them almost a year ago.

"I'm going to meet up with someone, Okay. I'll be right back." Quinn said, already by the door. Brianna responded with a simple okay from her room, blowing out her candle, the same one Dewey used to give her. She heard from the living the faint voice of Sam, saying her own 'see you later'. Now it was them two alone.

Brianna started walking out her door, stopping just before making her way out. She took a deep breath and exhaled. After accepting that she had feelings for Sam, she became all too aware of any conversation she would have with her. Overthinking every sentence before saying them out loud, afraid she will say something idiotic enough for Sam to stop talking to her. It's been a long time since she felt like this. She hated it, but loved it at the same time.

With enough courage she walked out her room, making her way to the living room where Sam was at, watching a show. Fortunately for Brianna, she was leaning against the armrest, facing away from her. Brianna was about to speak, opening her mouth to start a conversation, but the little courage she had seemed to disappear, instead she took a sharp right and into the kitchen. She grabbed a water bottle and took a few sips. Her eyes, as if having their own mind, made their way towards Sam. She could tell something was on her mind with the way her shoulders were tensed up, and Brianna knew exactly what was wrong.

She made her way back to the living room. "I'm sure if something were to happen, Tara or one of the Twins would call you or me, right?" She didn't mean to, but she saw the way Sam startled at her voice. Sam composed herself, now sitting upright, which allowed Brianna to sit next to her. The taller of the two sighed. "I just can't believe she's already out and about after almost getting killed."

"As much as I agree with you. School is about to start soon. I'm pretty sure she just wants to spend as much of her time outside before she ends up being stuck here doing homework." Brianna tried to reason, subconsciously scooting a tad bit closer to her. Sam shook her head, looking down at her lap. "I guess." She turned to look at Brianna, eyes locking. "I just wish she would at least see a therapist."

Brianna didn't know what to say. Over the past few months, she's gotten a lot closer with Sam. Looking at her eyes this very moment, she knew she wasn't just talking about Tara. Luckily the tension that Brianna felt was starting to rise, was broken by the chime of Sam's phone. She picked it up in urgency, worried something might have happened to Tara. She sighed in relief before she set the phone in her pocket and stood up. "I have to get ready for work."

Of course. The second job she had insisted on getting. No matter how much Brianna tried to convince her to quit, she did not budge. That however, did not stop Brianna from trying.

Brianna stood up and took a hold of her arm, stopping her in her tracks. "Wait." She said louder than she intended to, internally cringing. "Please. there's no reason for you to have two jobs." Brianna reluctantly let go of her arm once she turned around. She could tell Sam was getting tired of her nagging. "Me and Quinn help with the bills, l mean shit, my mom helps me pay it because according to her, that's her only way of showing love."

Brianna shook her head, getting off track. "Point is, after what you went through, you need some time for yourself." Her eyes scanned over Sam's face that was looking back at hers. Brianna felt like she was shrinking by the second under her gaze, mouth growing dry and the only thing able to clench her thirst was Sam's response.

After much contemplating on the other girl's end, she sighed, giving in to the pleading look Brianna was displaying. "Fine." She rolled her eyes, trying but failing to hold back a smile as heat spread to her cheeks just thinking about how much Brianna cared for her. "Then I guess you're gonna see more of me from now on."

Brianna shrugged, making her way to the kitchen. "Lucky me."

"But seriously, I better get ready." She followed behind Brianna, stopping by the doorway leading to the kitchen. She saw the way Brianna turned around, mouth agape as if she had said something to offend her. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to let them know I'm quitting." Sam crossed her arms, leaning against the door frame.

Satisfied with the answer, Brianna nodded. "Then I guess we better celebrate tomorrow." 

Sam wasn't sure if the redness from Brianna's face was from the poor lighting illuminating the kitchen or not. "I guess we will." She smiled, admiring the way the other girls' eyes glinted with delight.

-

a/n: a lot shorter than I anticipated. anyway, one more chapter until it follows the movie.