4

Today is Sunday and my family and I will be going to church. Going to church on Sundays is a must in my household. I chose a pink and white striped dress, a thin jeans jacket, white flats, and a white purse.

I'm always insecure about my body shape so I always choose to wear dresses that hide my figure

I'm always insecure about my body shape so I always choose to wear dresses that hide my figure. I'm heavier at the top than the bottom part of my body.

Church was an absolute blessing. The pastor was kind enough to remind us that whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap. After chatting to a few of my friends from church I started my walk home. My mom and brother had already gone before me. The walk was a five-minute walk from the church. Arriving home I changed and went to the kitchen to help my mom reheat the food and serve dinner. For dinner, it was curry chicken and white rice with raw vegetables on the side.

Kinda tiad a rice and peas now.

For the juice, it was fruit punch. Nobody sat around the table but we all went to sit on the verandah to eat. My mom started conversing with my aunt who was her sister about the church service today. My mom and her sister lived in the same yard with both of their houses side by side. The yard was filled with chatter and laughter as we ate our Sunday dinner. Music can be heard from our neighbor who loves to play the popular songs by Beres Hammond, Tanya Stephens, Etana, etc.

Don't we all have a neighbor like that? Lol

Faint noises from the cock fight a short distance behind our houses can also be heard. I love the Sunday evening vibe I always get to experience as a Jamaican. After eating I went to sit outside under the huge mango tree and called Brit. We chatted on the phone for over an hour until my two cousins came to ask me if I was going to buy ice cream today. After hanging up with Brit I went for the ice cream money and called my brother to come with us as well.

"Buy one cookie and cream fi mi!" Mom shouted as we left the yard.

"Okay," I responded.

Going to the ice cream shop we chatted and laughed on the way.

Yuh know the cousin dem weh yuh can vibe wid?? Yeah, a dem dat!

"Anaya!" I heard someone shouting my name.

Why dis bwoy nuh stop see me and call out mi name man???

"Jah jah Anaya a beg yuh waa mi go dung pon mi knees and beg yuh?" He asked as he caught up to me.

"No Ronaldo mi nuh want yuh and mi naa gi yuh mi numba." I told him still walking.

"Stop gwaan so man" He replied holding on to my shoulder.

Den him big and serious ee. A who tell this bwoy fi a touch mi???

"Bredda yuh nuh hear the girl seh she nuh want yuh," my brother said starting to get upset. Quickly removing his hand I started walking a little bit faster.