24

ANAYA'S P.O.V.

"Weh the two lines dem mean Anaya???" Brit asked me as she stared at the pregnancy tests.

I took a while to answer cause I really didn't know how to break it to her.

"Mi pregnant don't???" She cried.

I sighed and then nodded.

She sinked herself to the floor and started crying loudly. Getting down on the floor beside her, I pulled her into a hug.

"It's OK girl, I'm here," I consoled.

I sat in silence, rocking her side to side as she cried.

-

About half an hour later, she was asleep in her room, and I was in the living room watching the television while eating.

She is yet to say what her decision was, but I knew she needed time to process everything.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by the ringing of my phone.

"Yuh couldn't tell mi seh yuh reach pickney," my mom woice came through the speaker.

"Hush mi neva remember," I joked.

Hissing her teeth, she asked for Brit.

"She a sleep," I responded.

"She alright? A weh she did want yuh over there fa?" She inquires.

Nuff so???

"Har bredda never deh here so she did want mi come stay wid har" I decided to partially tell the truth.

"Nuh you seh she did a bawl dung d place," she questions.

Chro! A wah do Alecia man!

"Mommyyyy," I groaned.

"Alright miss yuh nuh affi tell mi. Just did waa know if yuh reach dung safe" she laughs and I joined her.

"Anyways, mi a gaa mi bed now tek care," She says after our laughing ends.

"Alright later, Mommy," I told her, then hung up.

As I was about to resume the show, a call came in from an unknown number. I was hesitant to answer because of the message I received a while ago when we were leaving the cabin. Ryan is yet to say anything about it, either. However, I decided to let the call ring out, but shortly after, it began ringing again. Accepting the call, I held the phone at my ear, deciding not to speak first.

"Nya?"

Recognizing the voice, I hissed my teeth loudly.

"Babes, mi just a get a chance fi charge mi phone mi did busy yuh f*ck"

Him sound so stupid!!

Ya go tell mi seh yuh busy to the point yuh nuh memba seh yuh have yuh ooman???

"Yuh should a go couple more days and see if yuh have nuh girlfriend when yuh come back ya!" My attitude was more than evident at this point.

"Babes nuh bother wid dat. Mi tell yuh mi did busy" He says sounding tired.

"Busy doing what?" I questioned.

"Work babes," He stressed.

"Wah kinda work you a do suh weh mek yuh so busy fi days?" I asked with more attitude.

"B*mboclaat man Nya rest it nuh!" He shouts.

I was taken back by his outburst, which led me to remain silent.

Why him always get so defensive when mi ask him bout what kinda work him do???

Him nuh trust mi fi tell mi weh him do???