17*

This is sumn a little different...

Sunday, April 2

ANAYA'S P.O.V.

Waking up with a heavy weight on my body, I looked down to see Ryan sleeping on my chest. A smile found its way to my face as I remembered him asking me to be his last night.

I hope I made the right decision.

Trying to pull away from him, he immediately woke up.

"Morning," I smiled at him.

"Morning." He smiled back. "What time is it?"

Taking up my phone, I pressed the power on button to see that the time was 9:38 a.m. and told him.

"Mi have some things fi deal wid today but mi waa yuh come somewhere wid mi later," he told me now, getting up off the bed.

"Okay," I replied, getting up as well.

I went to freshen up in the bathroom, leaving him to put on his clothes. Leaving the bathroom, I saw him sitting on the bed with his phone in hand.

"Mi a go weh now," He said, getting up to place a kiss on my lips. I smiled into the kiss.

"Okay bye," I told him as we left the room.

"A when yuh come in?" Mom asked from the living room as soon as she saw Ryan.

"Last night but mi a go weh now," He replied.

"Alright, tek care a yuh self," Mom told him.

Letting him out of the house, I watched as he left. Entering the living room, I saw Mommy sitting on the couch looking into space.

"Weh yuh fada?" She asked, still looking off into space.

"Him leff last night" I answered.

Turning her head, she looked at me confused.

"When Ryan come last night him leave," I answered her confused stare.

"Oh," She said, getting up to go into the kitchen. I followed behind her.

"Every day mi thank God seh you and yuh sister build the kitchen. Him know mi couldn't manage wid the board kitchen." She told me while checking the meat pot. She had gotten up early and started the Sunday dinner.

Smiling at her, I said, "Mi waa buy some furniture now but mi a save fi buy the washer and dryer fi yuh first."

"So yuh nuh have yuh self fi spend yuh money pon Anaya?" She asked.

"How mi fi spend money pon mi self when you used to spend every last cent pon we? Mi affi ensure seh yuh comfortable first before mi think bout myself" I told her. We then fell into comfortable silence as we both busy ourselves in the kitchen.

"So you and Ryan deh?" She suddenly asked.

Taking a while to answer her, I mumbled, "He asked me to be his girlfriend last night."

"Mi know yuh have sense so mi naa seh nth to yuh" She answered then left the kitchen.

After I was finished in the kitchen, I went to get ready for church. Because of what had taken place last night, it was a must. I find myself in church today.

--------------------------------------------------------------->

On my way home from church, I saw Pinky on the roadside with Ronaldo. Passing them, I heard her let out a loud laugh, but I didn't pay it any mind. Arriving home, I changed and went into the kitchen to share dinner.