9

Looking around I was shocked to see familiar faces all dressed up to celebrate my birthday today. Turning to face Brit I gave her a tight hug.

"Thank you for doing this," I told her.

"It's not me girl, it's Ryan," She said smiling and looking behind me.

Confused I turned around looking for him but he was right behind me smiling down at me. Looking behind him I also saw Mommy and Anthony. Everything started to add up in that instant.

Him ignoring me.

Britney coming up to take me to dinner.

Mommy not being home at night, which I thought was weird

And Anthony weh seh him 'deh a road' late at night. Mi fi gi him one kunk too.

However, I was still mad at him so I passed him and went to greet the people that come to celebrate my birthday. I saw some people from work and a few from church. It wasn't a lot of people which I was thankful for because I hate large gatherings. After greeting them and them telling me happy birthday, I finally took in the decor of the restaurant.

Looking across from where I was I saw Ryan looking at me. Ignoring him I went to sit down at the table as the others followed.

"Girl the least yuh could a do a tell Ryan thanks enuh why ya ignore him?" Brit asked as she sat beside me.

"Why him did a ignore?" I asked instead of answering.

Instead of answering me she turned her attention to the persons seated at the table and began hosting the dinner. Shortly after Ryan came and sat on the other side of me.

"Hey," He greeted.

"Hi" I responded looking everywhere else but at him

"Do you not like the surprise?" He asked.

"Yes, I do," I told him.

"Then why are you acting like you're upset with me?" He asked now gaining my attention.

"Because I am!" I said almost shouting. Persons around the table were now looking at us.

"Can you calm down? Do you want us to talk about it outside?" He begged to get the attention off us. Not answering I got up and went outside with him following me.

"Weh mi do wrong Nya?" He asked as soon as we were outside.

"Yuh tiaad a mi Ryan?" I asked him as tears filled my eyes.