29

Look past the grammatical errors 😑😘

MONDAY JUNE 26

ANAYA'S P.O.V

"When yuh come back from work mi waa talk to yuh," my sister says as I was getting ready to leave.

A could a wah dat now??

"Alright," I said, taking up my bag to leave.

"Later," I said to everyone before turning to go through the gate.

Ryan is not here as yet to bring me to work, so I guess I'll be taking a taxi this morning.

Can cuss him bout it later

I'm in too much of a good mood to be miserable right now.

"Look like some ppl man leff dem," I heard Pinky say as I passed her on the roadside.

She brush har teeth yet she siddung pon roadside so early?

Hissing my teeth, I continued my journey to the crossroads. I immediately got a taxi to get to work. As I sat in the taxi, I sighed at what was to come at work today with the rude patients.

-

I released a huge sigh as I signed out from work today. Still haven't gotten any calls or messages from Ryan. Leaving the clinic, I decided to head towards the supermarket and pick up some snacks for myself. After doing so, I went to the taxi stand to get a taxi and go home.

-

"How yuh come home so late todeh?" Mommy asks, sitting on the verandah.

"Did go a d supermarket," I answered tiredly.

"Okay..."

She sounded like she wanted to say something else, but I quickly stepped past her and went to my room.

Cya wait till the workman dem done work pon my own real room. Tiad fi a share room wid Anthony cause when my side a room clean fi him side look like garbage heap. Kmt...

After changing, I went to the bathroom for a quick shower.

Every minute mi look round in a d house mi feel a sense of gratitude towards Ryan. Just imagine mi did a struggle and think bout how mi did a go finish mi mada house and him just step right in and mek it happen so quick. Not to mention God.. big up him. He knew what he was doing when he sent Ryan into my life.

"Anaya!" I heard Sarayah called.

"In a d bathroom soon come!" I answered.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I went to my room and changed off into a boy shorts and a t-shirt, then applied deodorant to my body. Taking a donut and cranberry juice from the snacks that I bought, I went to find Sarayah in the living room, along with everybody else.

"A wahmp now?" I asked, sitting down on the couch.

Sarayah looked at me excitedly.

Or a nervous she nervous?

"A wah?" I asked, pulling my donut.

Can nyam so gyal?

"Mi nuh know how ya go react enuh Anaya cause -"

"Babes, just tell har nuh." Jermaine cuts her off.

"Alright, so... Mommy filing come through, and she a come wid wi Wednesday when we a go back home" Sarayah rushed out.

"Fi real???" I asked, shocked.

She nodded.

I turned to look at Mommy. She was just staring into space as tears clouded her eyes.