Chapter Nine - Jade

"You went on a date? With Noah Lawrence!" Amaya exclaimed grabbing the attention of some people around us.

I closed my locker turning to face my "Will you shut up? It wasn't a date, it was just two people who were hungry eating burgers coincidencely  with together." I explained

"You need to stop babe, your in denial something..." Elena spoke up rolling her eyes.

"I'm not in denial, there's absolutely nothing going between me and Noah, I'm just his tutor...besides it doesn't matter anyway...he has a line of girls that would kill to be with him." I sighed.

It was true, even if I felt something for him...which I didn't. It wouldn't matter anyway. He doesn't see me like that, I'm Im okay with that. We are just force to hang out so he can get his grades up and play basketball for the championship.

"Seems like he isn't very interested in the line of girls." Amaya said nodding her head over in Noah's direction.

I turned my head to face him, He was standing at his locker. Rylee Townsend was leaned against his locker twirling her hair and flirting with him.

I rolled my eyes. Rylee was the self proclaimed queen bee of the school. Though I have never spoken personally, I was paired up with her Freshman year for a English project.

The girl was as smart as an air head. Maybe her hair products were seeping into her brain.

I rolled my eyes and faced my friends "Come on let's go I wanna get the Chile bowl for lunch."

We walked to the cafeteria together settling at our table. I as I sat down I felt someone staring at me.

Turning I scanned the room for the culprit. My eyes landed on Noah who was look right at me. A smirk square on his face.

I raise a brow at him as he gave me a goofy smile winking at me.

I rolled my eyes at him but nonetheless smiled.

Facing my friends I found them grinning at me "Who were you smiling at Jade?" Amaya asked smirking at me.

"Was it the guy that you went out on a date with but can't stand?" Elena game me a knowing smile.

"I was just looking at lunch lady Bertha, who served me." "I have manners unlike the both of you." I said.

I was lying through my teeth but they could see that.

"Really sunshine? Didn't know my name was lunch lady Bertha..." His voice said behind me.

I spun around so quickly almost fell of the chair.  Noah hand stilled me from falling resting on the small of my back.

"Jerk. You scared me." I said swatting his hand.

He laughed at my reaction and looked at my friends.

"Hi, I'm Noah." He gave them a soft smile flashing his dimples.

"Oh trust me, we know who you are..." Amaya said batting her eyes.

I frowned, is she being for real right now.

Noah grinned at her response and turned to me "Sunshine, I can't tutee today, I have an away game." He said.

"Tutee?" I laughed at his new word.

"Yeah tutee, your my tutor and I'm your tutee." He said grinning.

Okay.... "Well, I will see you later I guess by Noah..." I said waving.

"Bye Noah good luck on the game!" Amaya said smiling at him.