Chapter Twenty Two - Noah

Ever since Jade and I started dating, life seemed brighter, and school wasn't the same old drag.

Thinking of Jade, I was on my way to meet her. We had an agreement to go off-campus once a week, considering she wasn't sitting at my table every day.

There she was, waiting by the exit with her headphones in. Sneaking up, I placed my hands on her waist, scaring her from behind. "Boo!"

"Ahhh!" She screamed, hitting me repeatedly with her sleeve.

"Noah! What the hell?" she asked.

"I-I'm sorry... it was just too perfect," I laughed, gasping for air. She frowned at me, her eyes holding a little smile.

"Where are we going for lunch?" she asked, grabbing her bag off the floor.

I interlaced her fingers in mine, lifting up our hands to kiss her palm. "Where would you like to go, sweetheart?" I asked as we walked to my car.

"Sweetheart?" she asked.

"Just trying out some new nicknames... now that you're my girl," I gave her a goofy grin.

"I veto that one," she said, climbing into the car.

I laughed, "Okay... what would you suggest, baby?"

"Nope," she said.

"Babe..." I suggested with a grin.

"Getting better," she said, fixing a strand of my hair.

"My beautiful girl..." I smirked, pulling her in for a kiss.

She broke it, making eye contact with me. "Too cheesy," she said softly.

"Cheesy for you babe." I sent her a wink.

"Your going a little soft, Lawrence... keep it together," she teased.

I laughed as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"So, how's Amanda?" She asked suddenly.

"Um good..." I responded "Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering how she was taking the whole divorce thing...." she said softly.

"Well she is sure as hell taking it better than me..." I muttered.

"And my mom...she won't leave her room....only to go to work.." I said sadly.

I shook my head "Enough of that sad talk...what's up with you?" "How was break?"

"Well not much better than yours honestly, my brother Drew he is getting married and my parents took it the wrong way.. it ended up in a whole blow up on Sunday..." she said sadly.

So that's why she was so upset on Sunday.

"I'm sorry sunshine, that must be hard..." I gave her hand a squeeze kissing it softly.

"Back to sunshine huh?" She asked laughing softly.

"Hey what can I say...you can't beat the classics." I chuckled.

We pulled up to the drive through at sonic.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"Mozzarella sticks and a large drink."

After we ordered I pulled into the drive through and we finished up our lunch.

Driving back to school was quite, I could tell Jade was in thought about something.

"You okay sunshine?" I asked.

"Hmm?" She asked snapping out of her thoughts " Yeah I was just thinking about something."