Chapter Twenty Three - Jade

After thoroughly beating Noah at bowling, I felt a surge of exhilaration. We sat in the car, Taylor Swift playing softly in the background.

It was like something out of the books I read—something I never thought I'd experience. Here I was, hand in hand with a guy who, once upon a time, I believed wouldn't give me a second glance. His fingers intertwined with mine, one hand on the steering wheel. It felt like a dream, and I was savoring every moment.

As we arrived at our destination, Noah turned off the car and looked at me, a grin playing on his lips. "I had a great time tonight..."

"Even though I kicked your ass at bowling?" I teased, breaking into laughter.

"Whatever it takes to hear that beautiful laugh again," he said, brushing a strand of hair from my face.

Blushing, I blinked a few times, marveling at how effortlessly he could make me fold.

"You always know what to say, huh?" I chuckled.

"Well, it comes easy with you, sunshine... I just say what I feel."

With a smile, I prepared to leave. "Night."

"Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked, catching my arm.

"What?" I replied, quickly checking that I had all my belongings.

"Where's my goodnight kiss, babe?" he grinned cheekily.

"Oh?" I gave him a swift peck on the lips, teasingly grazing them before pulling away.

He groaned, resting his forehead against mine. "Don't do that, sunshine... don't tease me," he whispered, his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me closer.

I smiled softly as he kissed me, nipping at my lips. The kiss was deep, as if he believed that without it, I might disappear. When he finally broke away, we both gasped for air.

"Now that was a kiss," he smirked at me.

"Alright... now I'm gonna go," I said softly, leaving with a contented smile on my lips.

I walked in the house, it was quiet too quiet.

Looking in the living room my mom sat on the couch. "Jade? Where have you been?"

Shit.

"I-I was at school....um the counselor she wanted me to start tutoring a student..." I said.

It's not technically a lie, I was with a student I tutor.... I didn't have to tell her that student was a guy who I was dating... and that instead of tutoring we went out on a date.

"Oh?" She said suspiciously.

"Yes." I said confidently.

"Okay...we'll just tell me next time.."

I nodded and ran up to my room.

Getting ready for bed I sat in my bed. My mind swirled with thoughts of today. My time with Noah always felt like a dream, and I was scared I was gonna wake up.

He is so much better at things that I am, more experienced. I can't help but wonder if one day some girl who's more experienced will come along.

I could never be a bold as him, whenever I even think about it I turn into a blushing mess.

I sighed biting my lip, how come romance comes so easily in the books I read.

I shook my head forgetting the thought and laid down.

I slowly drifted off into sleep.
________________________________
I groaned as the sunlight hit my eyes, I stretched rubbing the sleep from them. Getting out of bed I stumbled into my bathroom.