Chapter Twenty Four - Noah

Jade coming to my game was the motivator I needed to push hard during practice. I shot the ball and watched as it traveled the rim sliding in.

Letting out a satisfied sigh I rebounded and grabbed the ball.

"Looks good Lawrence, if you play like this tomorrow then we would be in good shape to win.." Coach's voice boomed in the room.

"Thanks Coach." I grinned.

Wiping the sweat from my brow I walked into the locker room.

"You read to win this game boys!" I yelled

Cheers erupted in the locker room when one of the guys spoke up.

"Your girl coming to this game Lawrence?" He asked winking at me.

"You know it...so we better win.." I laughed.

Speaking of Jade she would be waiting for me outside in the gym. I hurried in my shower and grabbed my gym bag pulling on a hoodie with my sweats.

Running a hand through my wet hair I walked outside to see Jade sitting on the bleachers.

"Hey." I said walking up to her. I pressed a kiss to her forehead wrapping an arm around her side.

"You ready to head home?" I asked.

"Not really, it's super awkward at my house currently..." she sighed leaning into me.

"Wanna head to mine?" I asked.

She looked surprised for a moment before nodding. I smiled, this would be the perfect t time to give her my jersey for tomorrow's game.

We headed to the car and drove to my house.

Jade was busy on her phone, not in her usual talkative mood.

"What's up?" I asked glancing at her.

She looked up at me biting her lip "What?" She asked her face flushed.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing, I'm just..." she stopped sighing.

I prodded on "Your just what?" I asked.

"This is the first time I'm going to your house..." she said quietly.

Oh. I get it, my girl is nervous to go to my house.

I didn't even think about that, she might meet my mom...of course she has met Amanda but not as my girlfriend.

I chuckled "Your nervous?" I asked.

She nodded timidly bouncing her leg.

Placing my hand on her knee I slowed the bouncing "It will be okay..."

She gave me an appreciative smiled as we pulled into the drive way.

Getting out of the car I noticed my mom's car in the driveway. Well, this is it...Jade is about to meet my mom.

I laced my fingers with her and walked into the house.

"I'm home!" I called.

"I'm in here Noah..." my mom's voice called from the kitchen.

I walked in, my mom's back facing us... she turned to looked at me.

Her eyes bounced from me to Jade then back to me.

As if she was waiting for me to introduce her I spoke up. "Mom...this is Jade.." I asked.

Her eyes lit in recognition as her face broke out into a grin. "Jade?" "Your Jade."