Chapter Twenty Five - Jade

The school was buzzing with anticipation for the upcoming basketball game. As I walked to my last period, thoughts from the night before filled my mind. Wearing Noah's jersey to the game felt like a significant step, a bold move that reflected my growing feelings for him.

I wouldn't see Noah until after the game, so I headed home early. Amaya was meeting me there to get ready for the game.

"Hey girl," Amaya knocked on the door.

I smiled at her through the mirror as she started curling my hair. "I talked to Elena today," I said.

"Oh," she replied quietly.

"She said she needs time," my tone softened. I knew she was taking it harder than I was.

"What did Diego say?" I asked, trying to shift the focus.

She bit her lip, and a sad smile appeared on her face. Tears filled her eyes. "He wants to give it a shot."

"Why does that upset you?" I questioned.

"I can't do that... not until I've made things right with Elena," she admitted. "He doesn't understand how much she means to me. I want my best friend back."

"I know, sweetie... I want her back too," I shared, feeling the weight of the situation. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I didn't know she would take it that bad. I would have never kissed him if I knew," Amaya laughed softly. "Don't cry, you'll ruin your makeup."

"I'm gonna go change," I decided, stepping into my closet.

As I prepared for the game, my mind swirled with emotions. I grabbed Noah's jersey, holding it up to examine it. It was quite large, and I contemplated how to style it. Eventually, I settled on wearing a hoodie underneath and tucking the jersey upwards.

Walking out of the closet, Amaya's eyes widened. "You're wearing his jersey?"

"Yeah, he gave it to me yesterday," I grinned.

"You really like him, huh?" Amaya asked as we walked out the door. L

In the doorway, I bumped into someone unexpectedly. "Drew?" I looked up, meeting my brother's eyes.

"Hey, sis," he smiled.

"How are you here? Mom is still furious with you," I whispered.

"I snuck in through the window," he admitted with a sheepish grin.

He glanced at my outfit—Noah's jersey on me. "Where are you going?"

"To a basketball game," I responded.

"A basketball game?" Drew seemed surprised. "You hate sports. I could never get you to come to any of my football games."

"Yeah, well, this time I'm going," I said. 

"Whose jersey are you wearing?" He asked taking in my outfit.

Drew spun me around to read the name on my back. "Lawrence... number 5," he noted.

He opened his mouth about to ask a question "Jade, you coming? The game starts at 5," Amaya called.

"Oh, hey Drew," she said, waving.

"Hey," he stopped for a moment. "Whose game are you going to?"

"Jade's boyfriend Noah. He's plays for the school team" Amaya explained.

"You have a boyfriend, and you didn't tell me?" Drew asked, surprised.

"It happened after you left. I didn't have time to tell you," I defended.