Chapter Thirteen - Jade

I laid on my bed, my mind raced with the thoughts of Saturday.

I glanced at Noah's jacket which still hung on my chair.

We were about to kiss, that would have changed everything. That scared me, I didn't want things to change between us, I wanted everything to remain as normal.

Noah would get his grades up and I would go back to being some nobody he will forget about in a few days.

It was the way it had to be.

But until then I still had to endure his presence at school.

I got into Elena's car, music played in the background as she and Amaya chatted.

"Good morning." I said fastening my seatbelt.

"Where did you go on Saturday?" Elena's asked getting to point.

"I rode home with Noah, he offered since I couldn't find you guys..." I said keeping things normal.

"Oh...we were looking for you..but didn't know where you went." Amaya said.

"Sorry, it all happened so fast." I said too fast before stopping.

"What happened?" Elena asked.

"Nothing."

"Jade..." her tone was serious.

"Fine.." I sighed "We almost kissed". I spit out quickly.

"What!" Amaya screamed causing Elenas to hit the breaks.

"God, Amaya! Why did you scream?" Elena asked her tone annoyed.

Amaya glanced at her rolling her eyes "E, did you not just hear what she said?"

"Yes, I did...Jade sweetie how do you feel about this?" She asked glancing at me from the rear view.

"I'm just gonna forget that happened, he got caught in the moment...he probably forgot about it." I shrugged.

"Sure, he totally forgot....it's not like the guys whipped for you." Amaya scoffed applying some lip gloss to her lips as we pulled up to the school.

I sighed getting out of the car grabbing my bag I slung it over my shoulder "He's not 'whipped' for me Amaya." I scoffed at the thought.

We walked into the building together. I needed to avoid Noah at all costs. Or at least until we have to meet today.

"I'm gonna head to my locker, I'll see you guys at lunch okay?" I said to my friends smiling at them.

I walked my locker, glancing around me to make sure Noah wasn't around.

Putting my stuff in I quickly shut it and headed to class.

"Hey Lawrence! You ready for the game this week?" I heard a voice call from behind me.

My body stilled for a slight moment before I continued. Could I really ignore him for long?

"Jade!" His voice called causing me to stiffen.

Maybe if I keep walking and pretend I didn't hear him...he will just go away.

I sped down the hall, taking a right into my first period. I sat down at my desk just in time, the bell rang.

I let out a breath and opened my bag to grab my book.

Glancing out the window, I watched as it started to rain. It was gonna be a long day.
________________________________
I practically ran out of my class as soon as the bell rang, heading to my locker.