The winner

Spike came charging at Tom baring sharp teeth but the feline was swift to dodge the attack. "Shame that you're all brawn and no brain stupid mutt" Tom revealed his sharp claws, "At least I have dignity you disgusting cat!" Tom huffed amused, "Yes I don't have dignity but I did taste his sweet hole" That was just enough to blow all Spike's senses to hell, he jumped on Tom strangling him, "You had no right!!!" The feline grinned in a wheeze, catching the ash-haired male off  guard, Tom took the opening and scratched the dog's eyes blinding him with blood dripping down, "FUCK!!!!" He held his hands to his face staining them in scarlet red blood. Seeing his opponent at a disposition Tom leapt towards Spike fangs baring, claws sharp ready to strike the final blow. To his surprise, Spike countered his attack even if his eyes were caked with blood, he was still a canine with sharp senses. He had heard Tom's ragged breathing and anticipated his attack. With a strongly held fist, he punched the feline sending him flying across the old building.

Wiping his eyes in an attempt to gain some vision, he saw Tom lying on the floor unmoving. Worried that he might actually have killed Tom he moved closer. "Tom?" He knew that the cat was cunning and sly, he might have been born better a fox than a feline. Now standing above him he nudged him with his foot, when he found no response he panicked and crouched down to feel a pulse or anything really. "What have I done...I've never harmed anyone and now..." He sat down beside Tom's body thinking about how he ended up there. 'I fell for Jerry...a mouse...a guy...' he thought. "It wouldn't have worked out anyway right?" Spike mumbled softly to himself. Now he had to think about what to do with Tom, he killed him, he's a criminal now. Should he just turn himself in, come up with a story that some thugs got to him, killed and left him or should he try to get rid of the body himself? He ruffled his now dirty hair in frustration and let out a sigh. 

He stood up and started to walk away from the seemingly broken body on the floor, he would turn himself in. If he did anything less than that then he would be just as low as Tom was. The cold air hit his nose making him flinch but it wasn't a moment later when a new scent filled him.

Gasoline.

He turned to see old pipes from the building bubbling large amounts of gasoline into the room. It was also when he noticed that Tom's body was missing. His mind was filled with mixed emotions; relieved that he didn't kill Tom and wouldn't have to turn himself in and confusion how Tom was dead just a second ago and now his body was missing. It was until the large doors behind him shut closed that he was shaken out of his daze. "What the hell is happening?!" He screamed with panic. A sharp whistle came from within the room and appeared Tom, he was clearly hurt but still very much alive. "What? Thought someone like you could kill me? Don't you know that cats have nine lives, stupid mutt." The cat laughed viciously while walking closer to Spike. "But you didn't have a pulse!" To this, the cat just grinned "Nice party trick I learned when I was a kitten, it's useful to play dead when being beaten, makes them stop quicker." 

"Tom I-" Spike was shocked at what he heard and didn't know how to react. "Save it mutt, my past is none of your business and the only reason why I told you right now is because you will die here anyway." "What do you mean Tom?! You don't have to do this!" Tom held out a small object and to Spike's demise, it was a lighter. "You can't be serious you'll kill us both!!" The cat grinned, "Survival of the fittest, the one to survive the explosion will be the best man for Jerry." Spike knew at that moment that Tom was crazy and extremely serious, "Tom we can settle this another way, there is no need for anyone to die here today!" The dog started to slowly move towards the deranged cat. "Oh? But it seems that you'll never give up...it's annoying. " He glared at Spike. "Because you are not good for him!" "And how would you know what is good for him?!" Tom just chuckled, "See..you're always getting in my way." "I'm not going to let you ruin him! He is kind and pure!" Spike couldn't see Tom's face in the darkness but he heard his words.

"Then die."

He let go of the lit lighter, dropping it in a pool of gasoline. Immediately the whole room lit up with flames. The smoke was dense and Spike started to suffocate, it didn't help he didn't have full vision from the attack. He tried the large doors but it wouldn't budge. To no avail, he tried to break a window so he might escape from the burning building that was about to collapse. When he managed to find an opening he clambered through it just in time for the roof to cave in. He gasped and choked for air, the smoke still billowing out of the burning building. His hair had turned dark ash from the smoke and his body was bruised from the fight, he knew he had to move to get to a safer clearing but he was too exhausted to move. He wondered if Tom made it out alive or did he die in the building. If he did die, then Spike knew he won and could go back to Jerry and perhaps have a life with him. The male smiled softly at the thought. But the thought was cut short as the walls started to crumble down. He used all of his left strength to move out of the falling construction. With harsh breathing, he moved slowly to a clearing where he would hopefully find his car he parked somewhere out of sight. He knew he was losing some blood with everything that was happening, but he was determent to go to see Jerry. 

After what felt like an eternity he found his car parked in a dark alleyway and got in, only then did he allow himself to feel relief. He had won, he didn't see Tom anywhere since he dropped the lighter and disappeared in the smoke and flames. Was it safe to assume he was dead? No one could survive THAT, right? He set it aside in his mind and focused on only one thing.

To see Jerry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello lovely readers, thank you for being patient with the story. I appreciate every single one who has continued to stick with the story that will be coming to an end soon. 

Do you think Spike will see Jerry? Did Tom survive? Who will Jerry give his heart to?

Find out in the next chapter I'll be releasing next week~

Stay cheesy friends!~