*4* TENSION

He seemed shy. She wondered why, but let it go. "Sure, give me a second. I'll be right back." She returned with a cup of water and two green pills.

"Here's some Excedrin for your headache. I'm sure it isn't all gone yet."

He smiled, and thanked her.

Seungmin would get tension headaches often, so she learned to always keep a bottle of the one thing that worked for him around, if the acupuncture or massage didn't quite do the trick.

"En serio, chico! You've got to get that checked out! Tienes que ir al doctor!"

"I know, but the university's insurance sucks. It's hard finding a provider that fits my schedule and takes the insurance. I promise, I'm trying."

She sighed. "I hear you. It's hard to be absent in college. It's like being absent for a whole week. I'll help you find a doctor. Let's call together after our 2nd class on Monday. Deal?"

He chuckled a little. "Deal. Thank you."

"Of course, what are friends for?" She patted him on the back. "All, right, let's finish this movie."

The ending of the movie was hilarious.

"Omg, the two plus two, plus one bit was genius! People are gonna have so much fun with this!" He said.

"I get to do that bit! I'm so excited! And Mr. Green!? What a character! That ending!
This is gonna be so fun to do!" She jumped up and down in excitement.

He giggled and agreed. "It is! I can't wait!"

"Okay, It's getting a bit late, and I need to get home. I'll see you tomorrow. Can I leave the mint choco here? I can snack while we rehearse." He was talking and packing up at the same time, making sure he didn't leave anything behind.

Her smile dropped a little. "Awww, already? It's only ten thirty. Can't we watch another movie or do a little karaoke?" She pouted.

"I have to get up early tomorrow, and it takes me thirty minutes to get to the dorm. I need to get in the building before midnight or they'll lock the doors, and it's 'lights out' at eleven."

"Sleep here!" She couldn't believe she'd just said that.

His eyes widened. "Okay, that's a first. It's a no-can-do, but it's a first. You've never asked me to spend the night. Are you okay? Are you afraid of being alone?"

He gave her an out. She took it. "Yeah, a little bit."

"Okay. I'll check your doors and windows, and then you make sure to set the alarm. I'll be on the phone with you the whole drive and I'll call you as soon as I get out of the shower, until you fall asleep. I'll be back here tomorrow, anyway. Come on."

She observed him as he checked all the windows and doors, pulled down all the blinds, and left the TV on for security.

They did this often. She'd ask him to stay a little longer, he'd refuse, but then offer to check the doors and windows, so he'd end up actually staying a bit longer.

He made sure she had her mace and metal baton in hand, and walked towards the front door.

"Alright. I checked everything. It all looks good. I'll see you tomm..." She hugged him.

"...mmorrow?" He was taken aback.

She held on tighter.

"Sol? What's going on?" He was concerned.

She couldn't answer. She had no clue. She just didn't want him to leave.

"I don't know. I just... I'm being silly. I don't know what's come over me. You need to make it to the dorm in time. See you tomorrow."

She kissed him on the cheek, and smiled at him. He almost fainted, but kept his composure, said goodbye and left.

Something seemed different, like he was saying goodbye to his romantic girlfriend, not a pal. It sucked to leave. He wanted to stay.

"You're imagining things, Seungmin. She's never even looked your way. No chance she likes you. Get a grip. Maybe tomorrow's date will finally break me from this. But she's not Sol. Ugh!"

He leaned his head on the steering wheel, and sighed. He slowly put the key in the ignition and turned the car on. As soon as his headlights turned on, his phone rang, and he answered.

"Hello?"