Chapter Nine | The Interception.

Chernova and her military unit had been on the move for days, trying to reach their base in South America after a successful mission in Brazil. They were exhausted and eager to rest when they saw the familiar hills in the distance. But before they could celebrate their safe return, a loud roar filled the air, and they saw a squadron of Black Cells military group's jets coming straight at them.

Chernova quickly signaled her troops to take defensive positions, but it was too late. The Black Cells had already launched their missiles, and the sky was filled with smoke and fire. Chernova and her unit tried to fight back, but the Black Cells were too powerful, and their weapons were more advanced than anything Chernova had ever seen.

She heard the screams of her comrades as they fell one by one, and her heart sank as she realized the gravity of the situation. They were outnumbered, outgunned, and outmatched. Chernova knew they had no chance of winning this battle, and she was not ready to sacrifice any more lives.

She quickly ordered her remaining troops to retreat, hoping to regroup and fight another day. But as they turned to leave, they were surrounded by a group of Black Cells soldiers, led by their infamous commander, Commander Ethan.

Ethan was a towering figure, with a muscular build and a menacing stare. He had a reputation for being ruthless and unforgiving, and Chernova knew that he would show no mercy to them. She tried to reason with him, to explain that they were only following orders, but Ethan was not interested in excuses.

"You think you can just come into our country, kill our people, and get away with it?" he spat. "You and your unit have caused enough destruction in Brazil, and now it's time to pay for your crimes."

Chernova could see the anger and hatred in his eyes, and she knew that they were in deep trouble. She tried to plead with him, to negotiate a peaceful surrender, but it was no use. Ethan was determined to make an example of them, to show the world that the Black Cells were not to be messed with.

As the sun began to set, Chernova and her unit found themselves surrounded by the Black Cells soldiers, their weapons pointed directly at them. Chernova knew that they had no choice but to fight until the bitter end, to defend themselves and their honor. She raised her gun, ready to face whatever came their way, and prepared for the final showdown.

The sound of gunfire echoed through the hills, and Chernova could feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins. She fought with all her might, taking down as many Black Cells soldiers as she could, but it was not enough. Her comrades fell one by one, and Chernova knew that she was the last one standing.

As the smoke cleared, Chernova found herself face to face with CEO and Commander Ethan. He looked at her with a mixture of contempt and admiration, as if he respected her for putting up a fight. Chernova knew that this was the end, that there was no escape from the Black Cells' wrath.

Ethan raised his gun, ready to deliver the final blow, but then something unexpected happened. He lowered his weapon and looked at Chernova with a curious expression.

"You are a worthy opponent, Chernova," he said. "I will spare your life, but only if you swear to never harm innocent people in the world again."

Chernova hesitated for a moment, but then nodded her head in agreement. She knew that this was the only way to survive, to escape with her life intact. She turned to leave, but then Ethan spoke again.

"One more thing," Ethan said.

HOURS LATER...

Chernova stood on the deck of the worn-down battleship, looking out at the endless expanse of the ocean. She was alone, stranded on a remote island that had been given to her and her unit by the Black Cells military group, under the orders of their CEO and Commander, Ethan.