Chapter Fourteen | The Government Letter.

Upon returning to his residence following a lengthy day at the helm of Black Cells, Ethan Morse, the Chief Executive Officer, proceeded towards the mailbox to collect his correspondence. While sifting through the stack, his gaze was captivated by a letter adorned with the official emblem of the government. A blend of inquisitiveness and unease washed over Ethan as he unsealed the envelope and perused its contents. As his eyes scanned the words on the page, a sense of uneasiness settled in the pit of his stomach. The government representative had requested a meeting to delve into specific facets of Black Cells' operations. Ethan comprehended the potential ramifications this encounter could have on his company, prompting him to promptly devise a strategic plan in response.

"Dear Ethan Morse,I am writing to you, Ethan Morse, to bring to your attention a matter concerning one of my soldiers who recently enlisted in your military force. It has come to my attention that there have been rumors circulating about the dismissal of an agent who happens to be a soldier and a close friend of mine, by your 'Director of Recruitment'.

Furthermore, I must inform you that your military force has been included in the United States Terrorist List. I am willing to engage in a discussion with you regarding this matter, with the aim of assisting you in removing your Private Military Company (PMC) from that list. In order to convey my expectations, I will be sending you a detailed message outlining the actions I require from you. Please be aware that if it becomes necessary to take action against any of your soldiers, I will not hesitate to do so. It is imperative that you address this situation promptly and effectively.

Yours sincerely,
Anna [REDACTED]
U.S. Government Official"

Upon reading the note, Ethan Morse's expression transformed into one of astonishment, causing him to divert his attention towards the road. "Hmm... I thought I heard something," Ethan murmured, retrieving his personally customized Desert Eagle and his house key. He proceeded to make his way up the sidewalk, unlocking his house, and stepping inside. As Ethan Morse arranged his equipment, weapons, and various miscellaneous items, he suddenly felt unwell.

"Ugh... I'm not feeling too good," Ethan uttered, just as a knock resonated from his door. Rising from his seat, Ethan opened the door to find Mrs. Mackenzie, accompanied by her children and husband, warmly welcoming him home after his nearly year-long absence.

"Oh, um... Thank you," Ethan responded, his voice barely audible. Under his breath, he whispered, "I suppose."

Ethan Morse politely declined their request to come in for a visit, explaining that he was not feeling well. He mentioned that he intended to take a shower, prepare some food, and then rest. Speaking softly, Ethan expressed his apologies. Mrs. Mackenzie nodded understandingly and gently touched his face, wishing him a speedy recovery.

"Take care, Ethan. If you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help," Mrs. Mackenzie offered before she and her family departed, allowing Ethan to tend to himself. As Ethan ascended the stairs, he prepared himself to take a shower.