Chapter Twenty-Six | Taking Control of the City (OpFor/Opposition Force POV)

"Good evening, and welcome back to Prakwood Channel 12 news. Today, we bring you a grave and alarming report." The news anchor's typically composed demeanor carried a discernible undertone of anxiety as she scanned her surroundings, forewarning of the unsettling events about to unfold.

As she began to share the unsettling information, abrupt gunshots echoed in the background, momentarily drowning out her voice. Undeterred, the intrepid reporter continued her broadcast, urging viewers to evacuate the city.

"There is a dangerous, and hostile military force at large in Prakwood. I strongly recommend that you evacuate the city immediately befo—" Before she could complete her sentence, a chilling rifle shot pierced the air, abruptly silencing her. The camera, capturing the brutal incident, revealed a sinister military faction with a distinct emblem – a bear skull bearing the ominous inscription, "Веридора Частная Военная (Veridora Private Military)."

The lens of the camera captured the execution of news station personnel, showcasing the ruthless efficiency of the unknown soldiers. The camera then panned to a soldier who approached and addressed the audience in Russian.

"This fate awaits those who defy us. You'll meet the same end as these news station staff members if you don't comply." The soldier's stern warning echoed as chaos ensued. Prakwood police officers, valiantly attempting to confront the invaders, engaged in a firefight, resulting in casualties on both sides. In the ensuing skirmish, one of the soldiers fell to the police, but the tide quickly turned as the remaining invaders ruthlessly gunned down the law enforcement officers. The wounded soldier dropped the camera, and it was promptly picked up by another member of the hostile military force.

Handing the device to a figure she identified as her Commanding Officer, a female soldier spoke matter-of-factly, 

"Here, sir. This is the camera the news anchors used—a tool we utilized for executions." As she unslung her AK-74u, the gravity of the situation became chillingly apparent, leaving the audience to grapple with the unfolding horror orchestrated by the enigmatic Veridora Private Military.

As the military force continued to sweep through the city, ruthlessly executing those who defied their commands, the remaining civilians were loaded onto transport trucks. These vehicles rumbled towards the Prakwood mines, designated for the extraction of materials to fuel the oppressive organization.

"Command 0-2 Actual, this is Bravo 0-1. We've transported Prakwood citizens to the mine for material extraction. Requesting authorization to assume the role of Prakwood's Bravo Mining Director," Bravo 0-1 stated, addressing the other soldiers of the Bravo team in the two Humvee's.
"Bravo 0-1, this is Command 0-2 Actual. Request received. I'll deliberate on your proposal and initiate a vote shortly. Command 0-2 Actual signing off," came the response from Command 0-2, concluding the radio communication.

"Alpha 0-1, this is Bravo 0-2. We've encountered some new arrivals for your mining operation," Bravo 0-2 informed, maneuvering their vehicle into the parking lot.

"This is Alpha 0-1. Haha, understood. We'll handle these prisoners. However, we require you to regroup with Delta and Echo Teams. They'll provide you with a debriefing on the target at their overlook point," Alpha 0-1 replied before the radio abruptly cut out.

The second Humvee pulled into the parking lot, and Bravo 0-3 and Bravo 0-4 disembarked, swiftly dragging two prisoners out of the vehicle. Four soldiers from Alpha Team, Alpha 0-2, Alpha 0-3, Alpha 0-4, and Alpha 0-5, greeted them as the Bravo operators forced the prisoners onto the ground.

"Alpha 0-2, Alpha 0-3, Alpha 0-4, and Alpha 0-5. Good to see you," the four Bravo operators acknowledged before the Alpha team soldiers took control of the prisoners. One of them kicked a prisoner onto her knees and radioed into Alpha 0-1 and Alpha Actual, the director of Alpha Squad.

"Alpha 0-1, Alpha Actual. We've received the prisoners from the Bravo team. Expect some new arrivals, sir, and ma'am," informed Alpha 0-5.

"Copy. I'm occupied right now, 0-5, but I'll relay the message to Alpha 0-1," responded the woman with the call sign 'Alpha Actual.'

As the Alpha team escorted the prisoners into the building labeled "Briefing and Offices," Bravo team regrouped in their Humvee's and proceeded to the designated location, joining Delta and Echo teams.

At the lookout point, four Bravo team members approached Delta team's snipers while the assault Delta members conversed with the Echo team.

"Delta Team! Echo Team! What's the situation?" inquired Bravo 0-2 as Bravo 0-1, Bravo 0-2, Bravo 0-3, and Bravo 0-4 approached.

"We're all good here. What about you guys?" The Echo Team responded as Bravo team initiated the conversation.

"Well, Alpha Team instructed us to provide support. Anything specific we should know?" Bravo 0-1 replied.

"The critical intel is that rebel insurgents are planning to strike our resource and weapons depots," Echo 0-2 informed Bravo 0-1.

"Copy that, Echo 0-2," Bravo 0-1 acknowledged before promptly alerting Charlie team, responsible for the resources depot, and Zulu Team, in charge of the weapons depot."Attention Charlie and Zulu team, Echo and Delta teams have relayed information about rebel insurgents intending to strike the resources and weapons depots. I strongly recommend escalating security measures and contacting Kilo and Tango teams for support. Bravo 0-1 signing out," Bravo 0-1 addressed his team, then added,

"Bravo 0-1. This is Charlie 0-2, I'll inform Charlie 0-1 and Charlie Actual immediately. I'll also notify Zulu 0-1 and Zulu Actual. Copy," Charlie 0-2 replied, expressing concern.

"Copy," Bravo 0-1 responded before ending the radio transmission.Veridora PMC helicopters entered the city, transporting containers of unidentified items, potentially weapons or substances. Citizens, under Veridora Private Military orders, maintained order. Delta team and Whiskey team reported to 'Command 4 Actual.'

"Command 4 Actual, the shipment has arrived. Awaiting authorization to secure our shipments. Alpha and Bravo teams are on their way to extract items from the containers delivered by helicopter," Delta 1-1 informed.

As Delta and Whiskey teams approached the container yard, moving toward the ship with their equipment, Charlie team joined, assisting in the operation. Suddenly, a government official from Veridora city, Prakwood, arrived on the scene."So... This is what you've all been doing, huh?" the government official inquired.

"Shit, sir," Whiskey 1-1 responded, then urgently radioed her high command,

"Every single command actual, there's an emergency here."

"This is Command 1 Actual. What's going on, Whiskey 1-1?" one of the high-ranking commanders replied, sounding confused.

"You know the government official that funds our organization? Yeah, well, she is here at the shipping yard," Whiskey 1-1 explained.

"Shit. I'm on my way. Do. Not. Harm. Her," the High Command Man emphasized, signaling the seriousness of the situation.

Ten Minutes Later..

A helicopter, adorned with the Veridora Private Military insignia, descended, carrying soldiers and a man in a uniform with a bulletproof vest. The man, identified as "Command 1 Actual," extended a handshake to the government official.

"Ma'am," he greeted her.

"Ryan, why the fuck are your soldiers here killing innocent people?" the woman demanded, allowing her hair to cascade down her back. "I'm ashamed to even support your private army," she continued, expressing her dismay.