All you who are suffering, come here

The awkwardness between Taehyung and Jungkook seemed to be more permanent, to Taehyung's horror. Maybe it was the lack of conversation, or the fact that both kinda tried to go out of each other's way.

Jungkook seemed pissed and sad lately, well, the few glimpses he saw of him gave that off. Sometimes, when they crossed paths somewhere, Taehyung had hopeful eyes, when the other opened his mouth and looked at him, but only to sigh loudly and walk away.

It was a game of hope and avoidance all at one and it lasted for the rest of the week.

And Taehyung was sad as well. So much, that the old disinterested curators at the museum even asked if he's fine.

And THAT was a first.

Jungkook on the other hand, tried to cope with his heartbreak and confusion over his attraction towards Taehyung, worked out and worked in all seriousness, not letting his feelings free, rather closing them in inside of himself trying to destroy them with his hard work.

Felix did try to get out of his way too, the way Jungkook looked at him lately was frightening, jealousy all over his face written each time he mentioned Taehyung when he talked to colleagues. His head snapped towards him, dark eyes glaring.

On top of his suffering he saw Taehyung's face all the time he walked past the pharmacy, his face sneezing into a tissue on the picture, the ad of an anti-allergic medicine right next to his face. Jungkook smiled fondly each time he saw it, painfully though, but the picture was so cute, he couldn't not smile.

***

It was on a Sunday afternoon when Taehyung walked down the street, a bag of fruits dangling from his arm after visiting the Sunday market.

Yoongi was still at his boyfriends and Jungkook was working, so he made a day for himself, visiting places he liked to, like the café at the park, and the toy museum right next to it, before he headed to the market.

It was his way to cope with the huge weight of lovesickness in his chest. He missed Jungkook like crazy and it felt idiotic that he had to while they lived under the same roof.

Taehyung shoved all memories so far into his art, letting them come alive again in his webtoons. He may added a few things to it, because here, he CAN, there is no obstacle, no straight Jungkook with a cheating girlfriend Taehyung was scared of.

Fuck her, by the way.

Plotting new scenes in his head as he walked around the corner, stopping in his track as there was a crowd of people, some gasping.

Taehyung, torn out of his thoughts, looked over to the place the people were all looking, now seeing that a house was burning in flames, gasping, aiming to call the firefighters, before he realized they were already there.

He recognized Felix on the ladder, holding the fire hose where a harsh stream of water poured down onto the fire. Taehyung gasped, feeling anxious for Felix, but then thought about Jungkook and the others he came to know. His heart was beating uncontrollably in worry, watching how a hysteric woman was escorted out by a firefighter.

She wanted to run back, but was stopped by the man, who tried to calm her down.

It didn't take long for another firefighter to come out of the smoke, holding a kid in his arms.

Taking the helmet off as he was out of danger, Taehyung realized that it was none other than Jungkook. He gasped, his bag of fruits falling to the ground, staring in admiration and shock at the other who held the kid softly in his arm, that clutched tightly at him.

He talked to the kid, stroking his back gently.

Taehyung started to cry at the scene, not able to stop his tears as he saw how he gave the kid over to the woman, who was crying and kissing the kid in relief.