ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇs

Charles*

Even if we wanted to take the kids with us to Saudi Arabia they both got ill in the same time and we just couldn't risk anything with them. Maddy's mom is looking after them in Monaco.

We definitely felt strange, the last time we were without kids was before 6 years.
It's the first time since then when Maddy will come with me to a Grand Prix alone.

"It's like back then..just us two." She smiled looking through some outfits for her next event.
"Yeah, i missed it, I can't lie." I said as i sat next to her.

We didn't have to worry about that are the kids sleeping, do they feel okay. We can enjoy a peaceful weekend.

"Do you think you could come with me to the event? Like before also." She looked at me with hopeful eyes. I completely melted.
"Next weekend? Sure, I'm free." I kissed her nose gently and she smiled.
"Thank you love, it means so much." She closed the laptop and hugged me.
"We should call your mom and see the kids. I can't deny i miss them." I laughed.
"Okay daddy." She teased me.

We talked a lot with the kids, like an hour. They definitely miss us too. We can't deny that we miss them too.

***

We arrived in Saudi Arabia late at the night. Everyone were up for a party, party because we are here without the kids and we can drink a bit more freely.

Maddy was getting ready, rushing around the hotel room.

"Remind me how we are parents to two kids? We are so messy." I laughed. "Where's my lipstick?" She asked me looking around.
"Infront of the mirror in the bathroom." I smiled and kissed her quickly before putting my shoes on.

She quickly putted everything in her bag and putted her heels on.

"How do I look?" She asked me spinning around.
"Gorgeous like always love." I gave her a quick kiss and she smiled.

***

For the first time since years we felt like we don't need to worry to come back early, we felt infinitely calm and free.

We love to be a parents but sometimes it feels so good to just be able to relax for few days.

"Welcome to the parents!" Pierre laughed and greeted us.
"We see that the without kids days are looking good." Carlos also greeted us.
"We can't lie, it feels amazing." Maddy smiled and took a drink.

We enjoyed the night pretty well, we danced and drank a lot with everyone. We couldn't ask for more.

***

We went back to the hotel in 2am, we were pretty drunk but very happy we had that time for ourselves.

"It was amazing, i really missed our life without the kids." She smiled happily while taking her heels off. Slightly losing her balance.
"Hold on love, it's our first night!" I laughed and held her upright.
"As much as i love them..damn I don't want this time to end." She slurred her speech and i realized how drunk she is.
"Time to go to bed my love, you are drunk." I smiled and took her in my arms.
"Oh, i thought we could have some fun...you know. Practice for baby number 3." She giggled.
"Oh no no, no baby number 3 for now mrs." I said firmly and putted her on the bed. "For you, just some sleep." I kissed her forehead and headed to the shower.

When i was back she was fast asleep on her side of the bed. Breathing deeply.

I layed next to her and pulled her in my arms. She didn't even moved.

***

At the morning i wake up by Maddy dragging herself around the room, clearly having a bad hungover.

"Good morning love." I laughed and she gave me a dead stare.
"It's not even good!" She dragged herself back to the bed and buried her head against my neck.
"I thought you liked drinking?" I teased her.
"I don't like the hungover after it!" She groaned.
"I'll give you some medicine and water. Stay here." I laughed and stand from the bed.

I missed this, it doesn't matter how strange it sounds. Every night out before ended with one of us being hungover.

I gave Maddy some medicine and water for her headache.

"Do you think you can come and support your beautiful husband on track today?" I joked as she drank the water.
"Always." She laughed, despite the fact she's feeling so bad.
"Well i was joking but if you feel alright to come I won't mind that." I stroked her hair and she smiled.
"Yeah i don't feel like dying anymore."

***

Even with sunglasses and headache, Maddy joined me today for the practices.

"Maddy, i never thought you would be that bad!" Carlos said with brunette girl by his side.
"Carlos, even when I'm hungover i can see this girl! Do you have something to say?!" She looked surprised, even taking her sunglasses off.
"That's Rebecca, Maddy you missed so much.." Carlos said looking at her seriously. I already know about it.
"I'm afraid I really missed a lot.." She said confused.
"Me and Isa broke up." He said directly. She looked confused, and forced a smile.
"Madelyn. Nice to meet you!" She said shaking Rebecca's hand.
"Nice to meet you..-"
"Maddy, just call me Maddy." She smiled.

I saw she was sad about it, she is so close with Isa and now..it wasn't very great news for her.

"Maddy I'm sorry.." Carlos said but she cut him off.
"Don't be.. it's.. it's in the past. Now Rebecca is here." She forced a smile.

Despite the news she went with Rebecca in the hospitality leaving me and Carlos outside.

"Will she be mad..?" He asked me.
"No..she respect your decision. She just didn't expected this. She.. she'll be okay." I assured him.
"I really hope so, it wasn't a great moment to tell her but.."
"She'll be okay." I said again, really wondering about it..