ᴍʏ ᴏɴʟʏ ʜᴏᴘᴇ

Maddy*

We haven't slept even a minute last night, Charles was too upset to even close his eyes. There was no chance I'm leaving him struggle alone.

He may did everything of this but after everything he's my husband, the person who forgave my mistakes and loved me through my worst.

Now it's my turn to show him that i will be by his side, not because i owe him that, because he needs me. More than anything and anyone else.

He was holding Lya in his arms, sitting next to Mateo, just watching him. I continued packing the last stuff, we will be out of here in few hours.

Mateo slowly woke up, seeing Charles..He was visibly happy to finally see him.

"Daddy!" He said happily, yet tiredly.
"Hey buddy, daddy is here. I will be here for a while now." He said, embracing him.
"I'm tired daddy.." Mateo whispered against Charles' chest, making him wanting to cry again.
"I know, it'll be okay. I'll be here. For few weeks." He tried to reassure Mateo, that we have all the time in the world now..

Maybe for the kids it'll feel like this, but for me and Charles probably like another nightmare in our lives..

***

We went home around 8am, i missed to be here. We've been away for few weeks, now it feels amazing..

I bathed the kids properly and put them to sleep again, the hospital nights exhausted all of us.

"What i will do now.. Everything is falling down,love.." Charles said as he dropped on the couch, exhaustedly.

I sat in his lap and gently stroked his chest. My hands went to his shoulders and back, wanting him to relax a little.

"I love you.. please don't forget that. Even I'm doing bullshits, i love you.." His voice cracked slightly. It broke my heart.
"I love you too. I'm here, I'm not going anywhere." I kissed him gently.
"I need to talk with my lawyer..I suppose Arthur and Lorenzo know.."
"They do..I'm sorry."
"No no, they need to know. It's fine. Can you just go to the kids, and take some rest? I'll come once I'm done. I promise."

He kissed me again and i nod. I knew he needed time to deal with everything, and to be alone for some time is maybe for the best.

Charles*

"You fucked up." Arthur said as i entered his apartment.
"Okay, i know. You're my brother, you're not here to judge." I said, slightly irratted.
"We'll fix it Charles, don't worry." Lorenzo assured me, at least one mature here.
"We'll fix it? How?!" Arthur was visibly mad.
"Arthur." I was getting mad too. "You're acting like i killed someone, it was mistake!" I raised my voice.
"Charles. Arthur." Lorenzo snapped, for the first time since years.. "Stop barking eachother, we have work to do."

It felt shit to argue with my brother, but why he's acting like this?

When our lawyer arrived, i started explaining everything about the situation, Arthur was glaring at me, like I'm a monster...

***

After long exhausting hours we finished with this, he only need to fix the documents and present them to Ferrari. But this is gonna be a long process..

I wanted to talk to Arthur after everything, he's acting like i done something terrible. Yes, it is bad but he's overreacting.

"Arthur, why is this attitude? I'm your brother, not a monster."
"Charles, i understand what you did is not that terrible but.. did you thought about how Maddy felt when she saw the photo?"
"I know she reacted bad, it's understandable but i explained her!"
"I know you did, but at the end she's the one that didn't left you and you keep hurting her.."
"Stop talking like i want to hurt her! I know I'm not the best husband but I'm trying okay?"
"Charles... I know that. But you need to try harder for her..for Lya, for Mateo."
"Do you realise it's hard to race and to be responsible for two kids?"
"Maybe I don't, but you don't make it look so hard!"
"I didn't expected that from you.."

***

When i was back home i was visibly upset, i tried to keep my cool since i know I'm the only one awake now..Hell it was hard.

I went to the bedroom to find Maddy reading a book, she hadn't had that opportunity since long time and I'm glad she is doing something she loves. But now.. i needed her.

"Babe.." She slowly put the book aside and stand.
"Everything is so fucked up babe.." i mumbled and hugged her tightly. "I don't wanna talk, i wanna rest, please."

She covered us with blanket and immediately let me snuggle into her, i felt like a kid. I felt so useless while trying to fix my own problems. I wasn't myself at all.

"I feel so guilty and..and like everything is my fault..i know it is but-" She kissed me gently, stroking my back.
"We'll go through this together, i promise. Just rest."

I felt a wave of relief and calmness washing over me as soon as i heard her words, felt her touch.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry for everything." I felt tears in my eyes again. I don't know if it's because i felt comfort or from overwhelm but i couldn't contain it.

Maddy stayed silent, just being there for me was enough. I felt safe and loved, no matter what i did.