ᴅᴏᴡɴғᴀʟʟ

Charles*

Ferrari called me, announcing that they will drop me till the situation is solved, which felt like knife in the heart. The team i sacrificed everything for them now turn their backs to me. It was the most bittersweet betrayal i felt.

"Babe.." i reached for Maddy.
"Yeah? What happened? This conversation took hours.." She hugged me.
"They dropped me... they left me! All alone!" I got frustrated and threw my phone aside.
"Hey, hey. Stop. Babe. I know it's wrong." She hugged me even more tightly.
"I can't believe this! I can't! How they can do it?!"
"Love, calm down. I know everything seems to go wrong but we will fix it."

I tried to breath and calm down but it was hard. I couldn't. I felt rage all over my body, but Maddy's hug was shutting it down.

"I feel like crap.."
"Soon everything will be over.." She kissed me softly and i rested my forehead against hers.
"i feel horrible.."
"I know.. just-" We got interrupted by Mateo entering the room, he walked to Charles and looked at him.
"Are you okay daddy?" He asked, i felt Charles fighting back tears, it's so sad that Mateo is realising that something is up.
"I'm okay, buddy. Just tired. Very very tired." He whispered and bended to place a soft kiss on Mateo's head.
"Can we watch the Lightning McQueen and cuddle?" Mateo asked softly and Charles nodded.

At least they could spend time together to make up for all the missed opportunities. Even if in reality the situation was not perfect.

I walked to the kitchen and started preparing dinner, leaving them to just have some time alone. I was watching Lya on the baby monitor, she was sleeping peacefully.

***

After i finished with preparing the dinner i saw Mateo and Charles playing video games. I smiled. They looked so cute together.

"Dinner is ready loves." I said softly, leaning against the doorframe. Charles looked at me with a smile, finally not a forced one. He was genuinely happy.

Mateo ran to the kitchen and waited for us there, i took Lya and put her on my breast, so she can also feed.

She was squirming around, clearly being upset about something, she was fussy, even tho her nap was good.

"Let me try to calm her down before you feed her." Charles took her from my breast and rocked her a bit, she closed her eyes and fell asleep again.
"She was just still tired." Charles said softly and held her to his chest.
"Or she loves daddy." I smiled.

After dinner she woke up again and was now definitely starving. I took her again and tried to feed her again.

***

After putting the kids to bed me and Charles were staying on the balcony, snuggled into the small couch that we had there. He had his head rested on my shoulder. He signed and spoke.

"Can i be honest?" He lifted his head and looked at me.
"Of course you can." I said and looked at him.
"To be honest, i feel better when I'm home with you all. I hated when i was away so much, important things in your career and about the kids. It felt horrible. I felt alone. I feel like.. even if the situation gets resolved to just give up from racing. It's that i feel better when I'm here. We can have a quiet and peaceful life we always wanted but never had because of my fame. Think about it.."

I was shocked. And at a lost for words. If he really feels like that i will support him, but racing was his life..

"Babe, honestly i appreciate that you feel better with us, and you feel like you're missing things. It's lovely, thank you.. But racing is your life.. You're still young, you won a championship, you can win more.. I think it would be good if you take your time now, as long as the situation is investigated you are home and you are spending time with us. You don't know what the future holds for you. I'll be by your side always." I kissed him softly.

He looked at me and smiled, we were agreeing on this one.

"You're right, thank you for supporting me."

***

Finally updated this😩