ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇs

Maddy*

Of course a perfect weekend has to turn out to be a nightmare since we are away from the kids. My mom called me early at the morning telling me that Mateo needs to stay at hospital again.

It felt like never ending nightmare for all of us. Every time he's in hospital feels like hell.

"Call me if there's something wrong.. I'll be so worried." Charles kisses my forehead.
"Okay..and please, come home as fast as you can because I can't handle another weekend at home alone like the last time." I said packing my last stuff that would be needed for me.
"I promise, i promise. Tell Mateo I love him." He said worriedly.

***

The flight to Monaco felt like years, especially knowing why i have to be there. It felt too slow.

At the second i arrived i took a taxi and went to the hospital. I couldn't wait a minute longer knowing how scared Mateo is.

As i entered his room i saw my parents struggling to settle Lya while Mateo was laying exhaustedly on the bed.

"I take it from here." I took Lya in my arms and sat next to Mateo. "Mommy is here baby, everything will be alright. I promise." I stroked his hair gently.
"Where's daddy?" He asked sadly.
"You know it's race weekend and he can't be here now.." i whispered, feeling tears in my eyes.
"Bad..i wanted daddy here." He said.
"Daddy will make sure to come home as fast as he can okay?" I continued stroking his hair.
"I feel sick mommy.." He mumbled and it broke my heart. I turned to my mom.
"Did the doctors checked him? What is wrong?"
"Stomach virus, darling. He needs to be here till they make sure it's not something serious." I only nodded and putted Lya in her pram.
"I can take it from here, you and dad can go rest." I said not taking my eyes off Mateo.

My mom and dad left after few minutes, leaving me and the kids. I was still sitting next to Mateo, holding his hand.

I texted Arthur, as usual. Every time we are here he comes and helps me because for some reason Charles is always racing.

I was scrolling through Instagram while i was waiting for Arthur, Mateo and Lya were sleeping so i wasn't very bothered.

Until i saw a picture of Charles, Carlos and Pierre in a bar surrounded by girls, one was sitting on Charles' lap, they all were clearly drunk.

Something inside me broke down in this moment, how he can go out and party knowing his son is in hospital.. knowing damn well he's married.

I looked all his fingers and didn't saw the wedding ring. He has to be kidding.. He removed the ring?

One nurse came to check on Mateo and I looked at her.

"Excuse me can you get me a pack of cigarettes?" I asked handing her a 10 dollars.
"Yes, of course. Just don't smoke in the room." She smiled politely and after few minutes she returned with pack of cigarettes. "Thanks." I forced a smile.

The person i love the most in this world, made me show weakness and smoke again after years.

I lighten up one cigarette and took a long drag of it. It felt shit knowing why I'm doing it.

"Maddy! What the hell. You don't smoke!" I heard Arthur's voice behind me.
"Hello to you too, good evening. It's your brother's fault." I laughed it out knowing damn well if i have to talk about it I'll brust out of crying.
"Charles? What did he do?" I passed him my phone and he looked at the picture for few minutes, clearly confused by Charles' actions.
"He didn't. Where's his wedding ring?"
"I asked myself the same Arth.." i took another long drag from the cigarette.
"Give me that don't be childlish." He took the cigarette of my hand and throwed it away.
"I know it was stupid to-" He cutted me off.
"Shush, I'm calling Charles. He better have a good excuse for the photo." He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

Of course Charles didn't answered the call, he is probably hooking up with some chick now.

"I'm sorry, you know Charles he's an idiot sometimes.." Arthur hugged me tight.
"How he can do that..how..He don't even imagine how bad Mateo feels now.. He just went to party.." I said, tears streaming down through my eyes already.
"Hey hey, shh. It's okay I'm sure everything will be okay."
"Don't tell him i smoked." I whispered feeling ashamed.
"The fact you smoked two drags don't scare me, scare me the fact Charles does whatever he wants since he's married with two kids.." He sighed. "You know I'm always here for you." He pulled me even closer.
"I know, i know. Thank you." I smiled through the tears.

We spend few hours just talking. Catching up about our lifes. Suddenly my phone rang, it was Charles.

"Should i pick up?" Arthur nodded and so i putted it on speaker.
"What?"
"Why so cold baby? Everything okay?" He didn't sounded drunk.
"Oh..erm..yeah everything is fine. What are you calling for?" I sounded confused.
"To hear how are you doing, is Mateo okay?"
"He feels sick but apart from that he's fine."
"Okay that's not too bad, and how are you?"
"I'm okay, what are you doing now?" I asked curiously.
"Me and Carlos are playing some FIFA you know, just resting." He said sounding honest.
"Have fun baby, i love you."
"I love you too darling. See you on Sunday." We ended the call.

I was left confused...

Ofc already starting with the drama✨