Chapter 1 - Ace Degenerate

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* 

A boy slowly awoke in his dark room. Curtains pulled and no light on; he slowly sat up, hitting the alarm clock off on his way up. After a few moments of waiting for his eyes to adjust, he stood up and headed to the bathroom. He turned the light on before covering his eyes, slowly looking up at a mirror. Splashing water on his face finally woke him up as he stared back at the E/C eyes in the mirror. He slowly undressed before hopping into the shower.

"Fuck!" He shouted as ice-cold water dripped down his back. "No fucking hot water again!"

He decided to just bear with it for the day. After a few minutes, he stepped out. Once again looking into the mirror, E/C eyes staring back at him, he stood staring for a while before being pulled out of his trance by a phone notification. It was a message from his friend Eli.

"Meet you at school. Deme has the new edition."

He smiled before sending a thumbs up and placing the phone back down. He brushed his teeth before throwing on a jumper and quickly rushed out of the house, skipping breakfast. He looked across from him and saw a kid he hadn't seen before chasing after Mr. Lawrence.

"Hi, I'm Miguel. My family and I just moved into 109," he said. Mr. Lawrence turned to look at him.

"Great, more immigrants," he said, then continued walking. Y/N didn't hear the rest of the conversation after that, but the boy returned shortly after, looking disheartened.

"Hey, Kid!" Y/N shouted, and Miguel turned to look at him. "Ignore that guy. He's always like that. Y/N, by the way."

"Miguel. Nice to meet you," he greeted back before turning back to his room. Y/N stepped out into the street before grabbing a bus to school.

Once he reached school, he met with his friends, Eli and Demetri. He got through the morning pretty easily, with casual jokes made at his expense. Once lunch came, however, things took a turn for the worse.

"Hey, look who it is," one guy said as they walked over to the table Y/N sat at.

"Go away, Kyler. Can't be arsed with your shit," Y/N replied, continuing to eat his meal, which consisted of soup.

"I heard you and Sam broke up. Might give that a go," Kyler replied, chuckling to himself.

"If you want my seconds, go for it," Y/N replied, still looking at his food. This caused a lot of "ohs" from the group around them.

"Shut up, bro. You're just angry because she left your ass, like your parents did..." As soon as the words reached his ears, Y/N jumped up towards Kyler but got instantly slammed to the ground.

"The fuck did you think was gonna happen?" Brucks, one of Kyler's friends, asked. Y/N tried moving from beneath Kyler's foot, but it was dug into his back.

"Yeah, kneel for me," Kyler said, laughing with his group.

"Kyler, leave him alone," As soon as Y/N heard the voice, he grew relaxed. It was Sam's voice.

"Sure, sure, no worries. By the way, let me get your number," Kyler said, turning to Sam. They walked away, leaving Y/N on the ground, seething. He got back up to the table, still seething at the interaction.

"Well, Y/N, that's why you don't respond to them," Demetri replied, who was the resident smart-ass of the group.

"Saw a new kid this morning. I think he might be joining this school," Y/N said in an attempt to change the subject.

"Let's hope he doesn't join Kyler's group. We don't need another bully to make my life miserable," Demetri replied, causing Eli to laugh. Eli was a boy of few words. The rest of the day went by pretty easily.