Chapter 16 - Lull

Y/N was told to meet in a forest wearing a blue headband. He was given no more instructions, simply being told he was to fight anyone he saw and claim their headband; therefore, he waited. It had been over three hours until he finally heard some noise nearby. Mumbling of a fight, he walked down a hill, where he spotted Hawk and Miguel battling. The latter was winning landing combos as well as advanced moves on Hawk. 

Miguel lent over a fallen Hawk, grabbing his headband and Medal of Honor. Miguel turned, spotting Sensei Kreese behind him. He held the red handband up in the air. 

"Finish him." Kreese commanded, And Miguel landed a headkick, dropping Hawk completely. "Now... there is a final test. Once he arrives,"

"I'm here!" Y/N walked out from behind a tree. Instantly, Sensei Lawrence went to call it off, but was met by a wave of the hand from Miguel. 

"Let me fight him." He told his Sensei, and Y/N and Miguel squared up. 

Miguel threw the first punch, but it was dodged. Y/N grabbed his arm, pulling him in closer before striking at Miguel, who ducked. Miguel threw a kick, and Y/N moved back. 

"You've definitely gotten better." Y/N told him, and Miguel smirked. Y/N went for a high kick, but Miguel dodged. He went for a sweep in retaliation. Y/N jumped over it. Y/N threw a spinning kick as it landed, barely missing Miguel's head. Miguel Rushed in, landing a punch to Y/N's midsection. He followed it up with a punch to the face. Y/N was fleeting. Being sent to one knee. Miguel went for the finishing punch to the face. YN watched as the final strike neared. He caught Tory's eye. She had her hands covering her face. 

He smiled before giving her a wink. He dodged the punch and went on the offense. He sent Miguel back with a flurry of kicks. They were either blocked or dodged. Y/N landed a punch to Miguel's side before Movig returned to his favorite kicks. He landed a swift kick to the quad before another to the midsection. He kicked Miguel's knee, sending him down to one. He spent no time landing the finishing kick. Miguel lay on the floor. 

Y/N turned to look at Kreese, He gave him a nod. Y/N snatched Miguels Headband. His fingers ran over the edal of honor, but he left Miguel with it. 

"No fucking mercy!" Y/N shouted, being met with a crowd of applause from the group. Yet Tory wasn't within that group. 

"We need our champion. He and Diaz have that... killer instinct." Kreese whispered to Sensei Lawrence. 

Y/N heard ruffling behind him; he turned but was caught in a chokelock. 

"You know the thing about stingrays is..." Raymond asked. Likely, preparing a witty finishing line.

"They don't have great grip strength." Y/N replied before pushing out of the grip. 

He quickly scanned Raymond, running up to him. He jumped, landing a kick in Raymonds stomach. He then quickly hit a spinning kick to the head. Knocking 'Stingray' out cold. 

"Good work, Champion. Good work." Kreese took the headband off Y/N.

Y/N looked over to spot Sensei Lawrence and Miguel talking. He caught the Sensei's eye. They had a staredown before Sensei Lawrence pulled away. 

Y/N rejoined the group, going back to speaking to the group. 

Later That Day

Y/N was at home, relaxing and iceing his knuckles from bruises. He hadn't spoken to anyone all day, not since the end of the lesson. Therefore, he found it strange when he received a knock at his door. He walked over, looking through the keyhole, and saw Tory. She seemed angry, so Y/N opened the door and let her in. 

"Listen, Y/N. We need to talk." This caused Y/N's stomach to drop. 

"Yeah, sure," Y/N replied, his throat raspy. 

He sat down in his living room, offering the other seat to tory. They looked at each other for a moment in complete silence. 

"I was scared, That wasn't a man fighting. Today, it's like you were animalistic." Tory began, slightly quiet. 

"But" Y/N was cut off. 

"I love watching you fight, Don't get me wrong. You look so happy, and god do you look hot doing it, but there has to be a line. When friends are involved." Tory finished her piece, and Y/N gave it a moment of thought. 

"Okay-Okay. I'm sorry. You're right, I'll tone it down."Y/N agreed and walked over to her. He hugged her tightly and began whispering'sorry' to her as he held her. 

Tory ended up staying over that night.