Chapter 9 - Different But Same

Y/N, Miguel, Demetri, and Aisha lounged in the park, enjoying a quiet afternoon. Meanwhile, Bert and Hawk sparred behind them.

"Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better," Demetri urged Miguel. Miguel appeared gloomy, troubled by the events of the previous night when he stumbled upon Sam having dinner with another guy and her family.

"Told you I'm not hungry, man," Miguel replied, his gaze distant and troubled.

"I still think you're overreacting," Demetri offered a counterpoint, concerned for his friend's well-being.

"I'm not overreacting, dude. I know what I saw," Miguel asserted, his tone edged with frustration and hurt.

"All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode," Hawk interjected, joining the group after finishing the sparring session. "It's probably just her brother or something."

"No, dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that," Miguel retorted, a deep sense of betrayal evident in his voice.

"Her only brother is a kid," Y/N informed the others, trying to clarify the situation.

"Depends on what part of the country you're in," Demetri added.

"I just don't want what happened to Y/N or Sensei to happen to me," Miguel confessed, his worry palpable.

"Don't stress it," Y/N comforted, offering some reassurance to his friend.

"All right, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance," Hawk suggested, his intensity on full display.

"Don't listen to Eli," Demetri responded, correcting Hawk's name.

"It's Hawk," Hawk clarified.

"Sam's given you no reason not to trust her," Demetri reasoned, trying to provide a different perspective. Miguel silently agreed, contemplating his situation.

"Oh, that little... you know that video I posted of me breaking that board? Look what Yasmine commented," Aisha showcased her phone to the group, displaying a hateful comment from Yasmine on her post.

"I gotta do something," Aisha said with an edge of determination.

"All right, how about we kidnap her and have my boy Rico tattoo 'bitch' on her face?" Hawk suggested, earning quizzical looks from most of the group.

"I've got a better idea. Look," Aisha shared her phone with everyone.

"Yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the canyon later?" Miguel noticed.

"Not if we strike first," Aisha commented with a smug smile, an idea forming in her mind.

"All right, be sure to stock up good. I'm inviting everyone. 'VIP only' my ass," Aisha declared, directing the group's attention as they congregated around the shop.