Chapter 4 - Cobra Kai Never Dies!

"Ah... Damn," Y/N winced as he struggled to stand, clutching his bruised chest. He slowly hobbled over to the door, using the wall for support, and opened it.

Carmen was standing outside the door with a warm smile. "Hello, Y/N. I just wanted to know if you'd like to come over for food? Miguel would love it."

Y/N's face brightened with gratitude. It had been a few days since the incident, and he had been isolating himself in his room. "Sure," he replied, hobbling out of the door and locking it behind him.

Carmen asked, "So, how have you been?"

Y/N sighed, "Well, you know, I've been hobbling around. Other than that, great. How's Miguel?"

Carmen informed him, "Miggy has been slowly recovering. It doesn't seem he got it as bad as you."

Y/N couldn't help but feel responsible for the attack. If Miguel hadn't been with him, he might have left with Eli and Demetri. Little did he know that Miguel blamed himself for Y/N getting hurt.

Carmen opened the door to reveal Miguel and an older woman seated at the dinner table. Miguel looked up and greeted Y/N, "Hey, Y/N. This is my Ya-Ya."

"Hola," the older woman greeted Y/N with a warm smile.

"Please, sit down. We are having Locro de Papa," Carmen said, and Y/N took a seat as she brought out four bowls.

Miguel leaned over and whispered, "It's like potato and cheese soup."

Y/N thanked the family for the meal, and they began to pray. He joined in for as much as he could before digging into the food.

Carmen started the conversation, "So, tell me, how's school?"

"Good, I'm really glad Miguel joined," Y/N replied with a smile.

"That's good. Do you have any plans for college?" Carmen inquired.

Y/N considered it for a moment. "Not really. I have some subjects I enjoy. I wouldn't mind becoming a mechanic or a salesman, something like that. In fact, I have a job interview coming up in that field."

Carmen seemed interested, "Oh, that's cool. Where is the interview?"

Y/N turned a bit shy, "Larusso Auto. It's actually my ex's dad's place. So that should be interesting."

Carmen chuckled, "Well, did you part on bad terms with his daughter?"

Y/N grew visibly uncomfortable, stuttering, "I-I, no, not really. She broke up with me over the summer. Now she's dating the guy who did this to me," he said, pointing at his bruised face.

The dinner fell into an awkward silence after that, and Y/N took his leave not much later. He thanked them for their hospitality and gave Miguel a friendly fist bump before heading out.

"So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked Y/N and Miguel.

"I guess so," Miguel replied, looking slightly upset.

"It's probably for the best. It was starting to boost your guys' confidence," Demetri replied. Y/N gave a small raise of the eyebrow.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Y/N asked.

"No. What has confidence ever gotten anybody except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash?" Demetri responded.

"Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler," Eli spoke up. Y/N gave him a smile.

"Are you insane? Let me ask you. What is the best superpower anyone could have?" Demetri asked. Y/N was stumped for a moment.

"Telekinesis?" he replied.