EP. 12 - The Blue Jewel

Champa pointed. "I want the Blue Jewel Wielder to fight for me!" he declared. "You see, our universe is participating in a tournament..."

By the end of the explanation, Champa stared down Edam. "You see? Beerus will bring the Red Jewel Wielder. I'm sure you can beat them, right, Prince?"

Edam swallowed hard. "O-Of course, Lord Champa. I will defeat the Jewel of Evil."

Universe 6
Age 779
Planet Sadala

Champa grinned, pleased. "I trust you'll be able to gather our remaining members? Well, except for one. I have someone in particular in mind."

"Leave it to us," King Sadala stepped in.

He nodded in approval. "I'll be back in five days. Don't let me down! We can't lose!"

The three bowed once more.

"We should start going, My Lord," Vados, his teacher, spoke up. "The person we need doesn't stay in one place for too long."

"Right, right," Champa waved a hand. "Until then, Saiyans." With that, the two left.

Edam let out a breath. "Father, must I really face the Red Jewel Wielder...?"

Sadala gave him a look. "How can my heir act so cowardly..."

He looked down in shame.

"Honestly, brother," Celri frowned at him. "If you're so scared, give me the Blue Jewel and I'll take your place. I don't care if our Great Ancestor chose you. I will be in charge of our team and make it."

"Enough!" Sadala frowned at both his sons. "Lord Champa has placed his faith in Edam. But just as Edam was chosen, you will be on the team as well, Celri. That leaves you two more members to find, one each. Start looking."

"Right away, Father!" Celri quickly agreed and hurried off.

Edam nodded and turned to leave, but Sadala stopped him.

"Son, a word."

The prince turned back around. "Yes?"

Sadala sighed. "I understand this news is sudden. I never would've imagined we would ever face the other Jewel Wielders, but do not be afraid," he placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know you are strong, Edam. I am more sure of it than anything else. You will make us proud."

Edam smiled at his encouraging words. "I won't let you down."

"That's the son I know," he chuckled. "Now, go on," he patted him.

The Prince nodded once more and hurried off. His personal guard, Amaran, followed after him.

"Do you have any ideas on where to start, Your Highness?" Amaran asked. He trailed behind him a few feet.

Amaran was a Saiyan on the taller side, taller than Edam. He was less lean, and more so well-built. His hair was shaggy, resting against his shoulders. A few strands hung across his eyes, but he wasn't bothered. As long as he could see well enough to protect the crown prince.