𝐕𝐈𝐈

Wish I were Heather
Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester

"L/n," Yaoyorozu spoke, tapping on his shoulder as he was dazing into thin air. The h/c-haired boy hummed and tilted his head in her direction.

"Yes?"

"I have a favor to ask.." she continued and the boy stayed silent waiting for her to continue. "After class, can you meet me up at the field just by the back of the school?"

"Sure, I have nothing to do anyways"

That same cheeky smile of his.. Bakugou watched as L/n laughed, not even focusing on the dumb story that Kaminari is telling that Kirishima and Sero are so invested in.

"Oi," Bakugou said, breaking their conversation. "The fuck is going on with the field behind the damn school? Shitty people around me keeps on mentioning it"

"Can't you see that I'm trying to tell a story-?!" exclaimed Kaminari.

"Well, I hear some other students using it for confession. Why? Someone asked you to go there?" Sero asked.

"Fuck no, as if I'll go there anyways if someone asks me to" Bakugou scoffed. Though to be honest, he wouldn't mind if a certain boy with h/c-colored hair, e/c eyes, handsome features, and a nice personality did.

The red-haired boy stayed silent as Bakugou spoke. It seemed like his crimson eyes were looking onto something – more like someone, and not to mention that he has been acting off much lately but wouldn't say a single word. Following his gaze Kirishima knew that he was looking onto L/n so wholeheartedly – if he could ever do that, Kirishima's eyes widened and gulped by the realization.

"Damn.." he unknowingly said, which Kaminari laughed at.

"I know right?! I'm the best storyteller here in our class!!" Kaminari boasted and he just awkwardly chuckled, not really knowing what to say.

"Bakugou!" Kirishima called out, finding the ash-blonde walking to the hallways by himself on the way to the bathroom.

"What now, shitty hair?" He asked, clearly irritated.

"The thing you said earlier, about the field.." Kirishima said and it was clear that Bakugou got more annoyed as his clenched fists and his eyebrows furrowed. "I know a place where you can watch over there, on the rooftop! They got the best views; you can see anything!!"

"Mhm, so that's the only bullshit you want to say to me?"

"Yeah, figured you might need it" Kirishima tapped onto the boy's shoulder who stood there stiffened, before walking away.

"Hey!! Do you know?!" Bakugou questioned, calling out to Kirishima but he just chuckled, turning around.

"Know what?? I'm not saying anything!!"

Soon, the end of the class came, and L/n grabbed his bag to go to the field that Yaoyorozu talked about. As you were walking, you noticed Bakugou going in another direction rather than just going straight to the dorms – you obviously noticed it, how he stopped talking to you, how he felt off every time you were around.

You felt guilty, obviously, something in your chest felt like it hurts seeing him that way.

"Why do I even care? It's not like he.. I-I meant me, ugh, forget it"

You continued walking, keeping your pace a bit faster as you didn't want Yaoyorozu waiting for you much longer. And there she was, looking at the clouds as the wind brushed against her hair softly along with her back against the tree.

Clearing your throat to make her notice you, she turned around her eyes glistening as it did so.

"L/n.." she muttered softly, seeing you walk towards her.

"Yaomomo.. So, what is it that you want to tell me?" You asked and Yaoyorozu immediately got shy but took a deep breath as she walked up and held your hand.

"Well, I just wanted to say thank you for being friends with me and such, you've helped me through a lot when we're training, and you make me feel happy and stronger. Everything feels like the ocean and you're the tide washing over me with those strong crashing waves, what I'm really saying is.. I like you"

You paused for a moment, slowly taking in the things that she just said and you can't help but smile as the wind brushed over them.

"Yaomomo, thank you"

In Bakugou's eyes, everything felt like it stopped as the girl hugged L/n as he peered down on their figures by the rooftop overseeing everything. It was clearly something that he could never have.

"Tch"

Bakugou rolled his eyes, turning around as he put his hands by his pockets ready to go down and head to the dorms that he should have done earlier instead of watching them.

Bakugou knew that deep inside, he really doesn't have a chance anymore.