It's... nice - Matt

This wasn't a request but they are in progress so they should be out sometime this week. I thought about this idea while I was making dinner.

Enjoy!

Y/n's pov
"WISH YOU WERE RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW ITS ALL GOOD I WISH YOU WOULD." I sang as I stirred the soup on the stove top. "HEY WHATCHA MAKING?" someone  yelled over the Taylor Swift being blasted in the speaker. I carried on singing and dancing until I felt a tap on my shoulder. "AH! WHAT THE FUCK MATT. YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA ME!" I jumped. He giggled. "What you making?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Soup. It's for dinner. Did you know it took me 2 whole hours to cut the vegetables? Absolutely ridiculous." I said as I shook my head. "I could've helped you." He told me as he planted a kiss on my shoulder. "No. I'm an independent woman. I can do this. Now all I have to do it wait for it to simmer then add the seasoning." I said excitedly. "Good now can you sit down and play a game with us. Chris wants to play uno." I nodded and walked to the living room with Matt's hand in mine.

Time skip coz I said so
"Y/N THE TIMER'S GOING OFF!" Nick yelled from the kitchen. I jumped up and clapped my hands. "Carry on without me I'll be back soon." I said skipping away.

Matt's pov
"Carry on without me I'll be back soon." Y/n said skipping away. "She's so cute." I said to myself. "What's she even making?" Chris asked. "Some sort of soup. I don't really know. 2 hours of vegetable cutting so be prepared." Chris shook his head. "She's such a goof." I dealt the cards and we carried on playing.

Y/n's pov
"A little more salt." I added it and tasted it once more. "Perfection." I stirred the soup on more time before walking back to the living room where the boys and Madi were playing an intense game. "UNOOOOOO!!" Nick yelled, waving his one card in the air. I laughed. "When Nick's finished winning, come and get dinner. It's ready and I really hope you guys like it." I said clapping my hands together.

When the game was over, everyone jumped up and walked to the kitchen. "Oh any goodness y/n. It smells amazing." Madi exclaimed. I smiled. There is one thing that I love. And it's confirmation from other people. It's an anxiety thing but it gives me some character I guess. "It smells absolutely incredible." Chris said, placing a hand on my shoulder.
Soon enough, everyone had food in their bowls and were sat down.

The first person to eat was Madi. "Sooo?" I asked, waiting for confirmation. She smiled. "It makes me feel warm inside. It's delicious." I smiled at her and looked around. "Hands down the best soup I've ever tasted to this day." Chris said nodding his head up and down. Nick tried it next and I found the same results. Now time for the person's opinion that I cared about most. "What do you think Matt?" He shrugged. "Nice."

NICE?? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!! I SPENT 2 AND A HALF HOURS OF MY LIFE FOR 'NICE'!! YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. "Really?" I asked, slightly confused. "Yeah. It's nice. Warm." He said with a slight smile. I thought it was better than nice but there goes all of my confidence.

I ate the rest of my dinner in silence. When I had finished I stood up and walked to the kitchen. I was fucking furious. I started to wash my bowl in the sink. "Hey. You ok? You seemed angry." Madi asked me. I stood there in silence for a while until I decide that I should say something. "Was it really just 'nice'?"
"You're really hung up on that? Don't listen to him. I'm sure he just couldn't think of a good enough word to describe what he was tasting."
"Ok you're doing too much. I just... I just thought that he would like it. I just wanted to do something nice. You guys are so tired all the time and... I wanted to do something... but I just screwed up again."
"You didn't screw up. Me Nick and Chris really loved it. Chris is still talking about how much he loves it. Seriously, I don't think he'll ever stop."

I laughed slightly. But i wanted confirmation from someone else. Someone who I love. I want the one I love to tell me that I did good and that he's proud of me.

Time skip coz I want one
When everyone was finished eating and Madi went home, I started to clean the mess I had made. I was half way through washing the pot when I felt someone hold me tightly around my waist. He kissed my neck. "Come to bed. It's cold without you." Matt told me, his head still in the crook of my neck. "I'm busy cleaning this nice pot." I said with thick sarcasm. "And then I have to clean the nice knives and the nice bowls and the nice chopping board." I said with anger lacing my words. His arms unwound themselves from my waist.

"Is this about what I said about your soup?" He asked. "What do you mean?" I asked, acting clueless. "I mean I called it nice. Did that upset you?" I shrugged. "It's just that nice is what you use to describe a new shirt or sweater not food that someone spent 2 and a half hours cooking for you." He shook his head. "Well would you rather me lie to you. Fine, it was the best thing that I've ever put in my mouth. I've never eaten anything better. Thank you so so much. It should really be on the menus in all of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants." He shouted.

I flinched at his words. They hurt like daggers. He would much rather tell me that he didn't like my food than tell me that he enjoyed it. Tears started welling up in my eyes. I stormed out of the room and went to Matt's room. I grabbed my pjs to get changed and went to the bathroom.

I came back down to the living room and grabbed one the blankets from the blanket basket and put it over me. I closed my teary eyes and tried to go to sleep.

A few minutes later I heard someone near me. They came closer and closer until they were right next to me leaning over me. "What're you doing? Come to bed." I shook my head. "I don't want to. I don't want to sleep with you tonight Matt. I'm sorry." I whispered, sniffing. "No don't be sorry. I was being ungrateful. I'm sorry. I'm just really really drained and really really tired and i know it's no excuse but im just really really sorry. And the food was incredible by the way. I promise you. Thank you." Matt said.

He clambered on top of me and laid his head on my chest. I kissed his head and stroked his hair. "I love you Matt. I'm sorry for being mad at you." He looked up at me. "I'm sorry for being mean and yelling. I love you too."

We soon fell asleep on the couch. Even if he doesn't love my food, I know he loves me. And that's all that matters.

HEYYY. So I hope you enjoyed that story. I promise you the requests that have been asked for will come out this week so just be prepared. I don't know if this is good but I wrote it late at night so that's the cause for this.

I just wanted to quickly talk about my mental health. I have had a few panic attacks this month and it's been due to the fact that I want to self harm again. I have managed to resist the urge to and I'm proud of that. I did get really close the other night tho. I just wanted to let you know that my messages are always open to people who want to talk about this and I'm always here.

Thank you guys. Thanks for the support.

Love you all. Xx