Happier? - Matt

This is inspired by happier by Olivia Rodrigo
Ellie is the name of matt's new girlfriend that I made up. If ur name also happens to be Ellie then that's a strange coincidence.

This was not a request

Y/n's pov
We broke up a month ago. And he has a new girlfriend. Ellie is one of my favourite people in the world. She's beautiful and she's kind. I keep telling my friends all bad things about her but the truth is, she has no flaws. She's perfect for him. She probably gives him butterflies. And I hate that. I want to be the one to give him butterflies. Not Ellie. Not anyone else. I want it to be me. But I hope he's happy.

Matt's pov
She's not y/n. She's not the same. Y/n made me so happy. She was perfect for me. She made me smile like no one else can. I screwed up. We've been broken up for around a month now. Chris and Nick told me to get over her but I don't think I can. I like Ellie but she's not y/n.
I regret that day so much. We fought about stupid things and it was my fault. I feel bad that I feel this way. I feel bad for Ellie that she's dating someone that doesn't love her the way she should be loved. I can't help but think of
y/n when I'm with Ellie.

Ellie's pov
I know. I know he loves her. He still does. He's called me the wrong name a few times but I didn't say anything. It hurts to tell him. I should tell him though right? This isn't right. He probably feels guilty being with me. Or maybe he doesn't. I should just make it easier for him.

I walked to his house and knocked on the door. "Hey Ellie. Matt's upstairs." Nick said. "Thanks Nick. I won't be long." I walked upstairs and to matt's room. I opened the door to see Matt sitting at his desk with his head in his hands.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He looked up at home with tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry." He whispered. I rushed over to him. "Why? Why are you sorry?" He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I need to tell you something." He told me. Great. He has to tell me something and I need to tell him something. "I need to tell you something too." He smiled. "Maybe what you tell me will make it easier for me to tell you." I shook my head. "I don't think so."

He furrowed his brows. "Matt. I know." His face relaxed and then tensed again. "What?" I held onto his hands. "I know you're in love with her." His face relaxed once more. "You know?" I nodded. "And it's ok." I smiled. "You weren't ready to love someone else. And I don't mind. I'll still be your friend if you want to be mine." He smiled. "How did you know?"

"You called me by her name, you talked about eternal love and all that bullshit when I know that you wanted to say that to her. Now's your chance. Tell her. Be happy." I said. He hugged me. "Thank you Ellie. I'm sorry." I hugged him back and rubbed his back up and down. "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault who you fall in love with." He jumped up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you Ellie." he said then ran out of the room.

Matt's pov
I ran to y/n's house and knocked on the door. "What." She said with an attitude. She's so pretty. I stared at her. "Ok where should I start?" I ran all the way there and I have no clue what to say. I should've thought this through. "Is this about Ellie?" She asked me. I nodded. "Then I don't wanna know." She began to close the door but I put my hand on it. "No don't close the door, it's really important and I have to tell you now or I won't have the courage to tell you later."

She crossed her arms and stared me in the face. "Matt if this is gonna hurt me then I would suggest you just leave." she said in a whisper. "Ok. So. Ellie and I started dating around a month ago right?" I began. "What are you planning on proposing to her? Telling me the story of you two. Matt I seriously don't wanna know so please just go." She said with tears in her eyes. "No you don't— you don't get it." I said back. She scoffed and began walking closer to me.

"What do you mean I don't get it. I don't get how long I've been waiting for you. All this time I've been waiting for you to come back to me. Do you think it's easy for me to see you with her? She's so perfect. She's so sweet. She's so pretty. Does she mean you forgot about me?" I sighed and looked down. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "I hope your happy but don't be happier." she closed the door.

I just lost her.

Part 2?

Hey guys. I'm semi back. I still haven't done one of my requests and I'm so annoyed with myself and the person that requested it is probably annoyed too. I will try my hardest to try and think of something to write for it but for now it's just sitting there. My requests are open. I'm really feeling the urge to start writing again. So here I am.

And now I'm gone again.