Step 2

Yoongi was sitting at his desk, checking the sheets submitted by the students. He had his usual glasses that compliments his quote on quote "professor" look.

Jimin was looking at him, unconsciously it turned into a stare. He is observing how yoongi's facial expressions are changing from time to time. It's like he is trying so hard not to judge everyone. His calm, pleasant expression changes into a little annoyed expression. Jimin was observing every single change in his expression, and his heart started beating fast. Again!

Did he also do something wrong? Is he not happy with the sheets? Is that his sheet he is disgusted with?

Jimin was sick nervous.

He wanted to bag the best impression from yoongi. He worked so hard on that sheet even if it's literally nothing. Watches every single detail of the film after taehyung left. He did his whole best to put out the best one there, but seems like all of that went into waste.

He felt his stomach twisted. An unknown disappointment engulfing him, he can't help but feel suffocated.

He just wishes yoongi at least like his sheet.

"MIN-"

"JIMIN!!! wake up you idiot" he heard korean and he knew it was tae.

"Yes?"

"What are you day dreaming? We need to select criteria's here"

"Yeah, yes. I am here, tell me" and jimin goes back to work. 

-

"So, class" the room echoed with the voice. Students turn towards the desk, indicating they are all ears. Some people pay attention while some are still on their works not bothering about the interruption.

"I am speaking here, I hope everyone of you is paying attention" the class heard a little colder voice tone. It wasn't the typical yoongi.

Everyone halted whatever they were doing the whole class was focusing on the blackhead.

"I've checked your sheets...."

"Not quite the work" they all heard it.

He was not satisfied. Jimin's heart was beating at a high pace, he was nervous as SICK.

"I think being liberal and friendly had gotten into many of you thinking the difference in work quality wouldn't be noticed. I gave you this assignment, so it would be a little easier for y'all to be familiar with the topic. But I guess the focus was rather on whom you did the project with, not about what you did. Am I right?" And the whole class went silent. It was the truth that they took yoongi's jovialness for granted and didn't quiet work on the project.

"I did know that, I knew y'all would take this as an opportunity. And I am not mad about it, I wanted y'all to have an opportunity as well. But, that isn't your sole focus. I literally got movie reviews with me. That's not what this assignment was about. Anyway, next time. I would not compromise on work quality. Have fun, no problem with that. But be serious as well." With that, yoongi was done with speech.

Everyone looked a little disappointed and guilty. It was their fault they didn't follow the criteria of the project clearly and rather focused on dates.

"Park jimin, kim taehyung, Jonathan baker, Hannah Cruz, Sanya Jain, sasha volkov. Meet me at my office after the classes are done with your sheets. I want the two people that worked on the project to be there together." And then he takes off.

-

Here jimin is, infront of an office room that says 'yoongi min, assistant professor' written on the board. Yoongi was talking to sasha and her team-mate while he is waiting for his turn, which is the next one. Tae was beside him, but she seems rather calm.

"How can u be so calm? I am literally shaking"

"I bet on my dad's hockey stick he called us here to praise our work. I am not a bit scared. You did all the work while I slept, and I trust you. I read the final draft you made and the one others made. It's us for sure. Don't panic" there comes kim taehyung with this assuring words that, always! Help me feel at ease.

"Really? You think so?"

"Oh I do." And with that, they hug.

"Oh sasha and Sanya are here. Let's go in" tae notices them and immediately rushes them.

He holds jimin's hand and makes his way inside.

"Oh, Mr park and Mr Kim" yoongi recognises.

"Take a seat" he says, in korean.

The duo was a little taken aback cuz this is actually the first time yoongi ever spoke to them in korean, that too on his own.

"Um, thank you sir" they reply in korean.

"So, I've gone through your sheet. I must say, very impressive. Both of you" and with that, jimin's heart started to ease a Lil bit.

"You guys did try to get my point, and this seems like mutual work to me. Great work, guys" he says and this brings a genuine smile on both of their faces.

"Thank you so much, sir" they reply.

"Keep up the good work. Let's talk more. Don't hesitate to talk to me if you ever wanna. Alright?" He asks, and they both instantly nod their heads, with a genuine smile.

"Sure sir" they say in unison getting up to take their leave.

Whereas, jimin..kinda.. hoped this meeting lasted a while. He hope yoongi would make a conversation so they can stay back and talk. After all, they are all from the same country. Jimin feels a homely vive with yoongi and he hopes taehyung feels the same too.

"Um, sir?" Taehyung speaks. Jimin mentally gave his friend a hug for prolonging.

"Yes, tae?" Yoongi replies.

"Would it be okay with you, if we wanna hang out and be casual with you? We really wanna get along with you as a fellow korean." He speaks.

DAMN LORD. Kim taehyung is one of a kind cuz jimin could never. He would never have the guts to. Jimin secretly and deeply hoped yoongi would agree.

"Of course, This is my first year and I have no friends here too. It'd be great if we all can hangout often." Yoongi replies.

Taehyung squekles and jumps openly while jimin does more inside his head.

"T-that's so great" jimin speaks, for the first time.

"Okay boys, I'll talk to you later I have another pair I need to talk to. I'll see you in the next class?"

"Sure sir" they reply and come out of his office.

-

"OMG tae!!! How did you??" Jimin exclaims.

"What?"

"How did you talk to him so casually? I couldn't"

"What's the big deal? I even spoke to you like that." Taehyung replied in a its-not-that-hard tone.

"I really admire you so much"

"Awwww jiminie" he makes a :3 face jimin cringes at it while taehyung is already trying to strangle jimin. That casually ended up with taehyung putting his hands around jimin's shoulders and they go towards their dorm room with their silly lil gestures.