A New Love

"Time to wake up kitten." You heard. You grumbled and tried to pull the covers over your head, but your action was stopped by Diane holding the blanket in place. Annoyed you whined "Mommy I'm tired." Diane had said last night you wouldn't have to be up early today, and you were not happy at the apparent change in plans. 

"Not quite baby." You heard, and once your brain finally snapped out of its sleepy stupor you realized that it was in fact Mildreds voice not Dianes. Your eyes snapped open, but then you realized you didn't really care why she was in here and that sleep was much more important. 

"Cuddle with us." You said sleepily as you rolled over onto your side. 

You heard the blankets ruffle then you felt the cold air hit you briefly as she got in the bed. That was normally Dianes side, but you figured maybe she got up to make breakfast already. 

"It's just us in here pumpkin." Mildred whispered as she cuddled in next to you. She didn't touch you; instead, she got as close as possible while still avoiding it. This was the first time she'd actually been under the blankets of the bed. She normally just sat on the end until she was sleepy enough to go to her room. You could feel the heat radiating off of her and you were freezing so you closed the remaining distance by snaking your arm around her middle. 

She hummed and wrapped her strong arms around you. You buried your face in her chest and put your cold feet on her warm legs. She flinched a bit but didn't make you move. You could tell by the stiff fabric that she was in her work clothes, and that got you curious as to why she was still even here. Was it that early? 

You blinked one eye open and peered up at her. The curtains let in a warm glow that illuminated her face beautifully. She was truly stunning, her sharp cheek bones were highlighted lightly, and her plump lips were painted the usual rouge. Her typically dark brown eyes reflected the sun and shined with spots of honey color as she looked down at you. She smiled sweetly when she noticed you looking at her and you couldn't help but smile back. You could definitely get used to waking up like this. 

"It's time to get up my sleepy girl. You're coming to work with me today." She said softly as she ran a hand soothingly up and down your back. 

"Hmm? Why? Where's Diane?" You asked as you nuzzled your face into her neck. Her hair was pinned up, so you were careful not to mess it up as you got comfortable. She chuckled at your antics as she repositioned her arms to hold you better. 

"Diane had some things to take care of. There was a last-minute closure on the house she was living in and so she needed to be there in person for the sale. So that means you're mine for the next few days." 

"But- she didn't even say goodbye. She just left?" You asked with a frown. 

"She didn't want to wake you honey, but she did say goodbye before she left. She said she'll call everyday she's gone to talk to you." Mildred reassured. 

Wow Diane must really trust Mildred because she hadn't left you alone for a day since you first met her. She was constantly watching or there with you... you missed her already. You hoped she'd keep her promise and remember to call. 

............................

"We should get our story straight before we go. The only things my co-workers may be aware of is your alias and that you are my girlfriend of a few months. They are aware I'm married so those that are nosey enough will flock to you. I won't forbid you from talking with anyone but remember to be smart about it darling. Now, your alias, repeats it back to me." Mildred said. 

"My name is Allara Smith. I'm eighteen years old. No siblings, and my parents died in a car crash... drunk driver. I meet you both at the local grocery store and we hit it off." You stated boredly as you'd been forced to repeat this several times since your arrival at your new home.