Chapter 8 - You jump I jump, Jack

J U L I E T T E

"I am not doing this, are you freaking crazy?" I say, looking at him as my eyes widen. "You're definitely crazy, Enzo."

"You have no fun in your life, nerd." He mumbles. "Just jump, im right here."

"I'll freaking die."

"I'll jump first and then you come after me."

"No! I'm not letting you hurt yourself. Let's just go back and...make out."

He raises his eyebrows. "You'd do that?"

"No, but still." I say.

"You trust me, nerd?"

"Kind of." I mumble.

"Im going to jump, I won't be hurt, okay? I'll catch you then."

"What if the boat leaves?"

"Have you seen the speed this thing is moving?" He asks. "There's a reason why this trip is four weeks long."

"Fine, whatever." I breathe out. "If I die, Lorenzo, I'm not kidding, I'll find you."

"Good." He says.

I let out a shaky breath. "You jump, i jump, Jack." I say, referring to 'Titanic'.

I don't even get to freaking load and he's jumped off the balcony of our bedroom.

I let out a scream and wait for him to swim back up, scared the sharks have eaten him alive.

Relief spreads over me when I see his head again.

"I'll catch you!"

Those three words made me dump my body like it was nothing.

When I hit the water, all I think is this is it. I've died at the hands of freaking Lorenzo Romano.

But then strong hands grab my waist and pulls me back up. I hold onto his shoulder, scared he'll let go and I'll drown.

"Dont let go." I breathe out.

"Never." He mumbles, grabbing onto me more tightly.

"I can't believe I agreed to this."

"Im kind of hard to say no to." He shrugs.

"You know what I realised?" I mumble.

He hums as he slowly pulls me back to the ladder of the cruise. He helps me up first.

"Nice ass." He says as I'm climbing up.

I roll my eyes and wait for him to climb back up.

"As I was saying." I start. "This is probably illegal."

"You need to get some fun in your damn life." He sighs. "What's fun if its legal?"

Lorenzo was the opposite of me. Being with him made me even more careless, free and reckless. I'd be lying  if I said I minded it. It felt nice to not worry about anything.

"I like how you think sometimes." I mumble. 

"Yeah?" He asks, throwing a towel at me. I lay on the lounge chair, nodding.

"You live like there's no tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is never promised, nerd."

"Is that why you never worry and take all the risks?"

"I don't have much to lose." He says. "I never worry about anything, really."

"Im sure you have someone to lose." I say. "Your parents?"