Chapter 16 - Malibu

J U L I E T T E

My mother's face when I told her I won't be home during the weekend was so shocking, she was so proud.

My father was a little worried though, but my mother convinced her that everything would be okay.

So, here we are, in a car heading to Malibu.

We decide to stop at the store to buy a few things before going to the beachhouse.

"We can't all go because we'll probably end up spending a hundred thousand dollars, so...J and Lorenzo, you both go." Aarushi says.

As Enzo and I are heading inside, I grab a trolley.

"You're paying, by the way."

He rolls his eyes. "When have you ever paid in your life?"

"I paid for my nails, okay?" I scoff. "And millions of other things."

"Mhm." He hums, following me to the frozen sections. He waits by the trolley as I choose a bunch of frozen lasagnas, pizzas and god knows. I also grab a ton of snacks and sodas.

I let Lorenzo choose the alcohol after I'm done.

"Isnt that a lot?" I frown.

"Two days, nerd." He says.

"Alcoholic." I mutter. "Ooh, look at that floatie. Can we get it?"

"Fine."

One floatie ends up turning into a hundred floaties.

As I watch the total come in, i bite my lip and wince. "I'll pay half-"

"Hey, I meant what I said. You're too poor to afford these anyway." He says.

I roll my eyes and put the bags in the trolley. "Thank-"

"Fuck off."

After paying, we go back to the car and fit everything in the trunk.

"Did you buy the whole damn store or something?" Emily asks.

"Ask her." Enzo mumbles under his breath.

"I got stuff you'll love people, give me a break."

"It better be good."

"Penis floatie." I grin.

"Hell yeah!" Andrew grins. "Bet Lorenzo was happy when we saw that, huh?"

"Oh, he was."

We arrive at the beachhouse a little while later and it is great.

Its a big two storeyed white building. The pathway is stoned and on both sides, there's sand with palm trees.

As i walked up the wooden staircase to the porch, I glance at the swing and quickly followed Eleanor inside the house.

It smelled amazing.

As I walked in, there was a hallway which led to a big, white and modern kitchen. In the same room (it was a connected room), was a dining table and then the living room. There was a huge sliding door which covered every inch of that wall. Through the door was the pool and then a little further away was the beach.