Cause for Celebration

Now

As soon as Nami and Reyna stepped foot back into Coco Village, they were whisked away for a proper check up by the village physician followed by a much needed shower and change of clothes. The doctor confirmed a minor concussion, not to Reyna's surprise, but he was glad to see some of the symptoms beginning to dissipate.

"No strenuous activity for a few weeks, but you already know that," the elderly man told her with a toothy grin. "As a thank you, we put together some medical supplies for you to take back to your ship. The gentlemen informed us you were running low on some when they returned from Arlong Park."

The man gestured to the wooden crate in the corner of the small examination room. From Reyna's seat, she could see it filled to the top with much needed bandages, as well as some thread, bottles of ointment, towels, and generous amounts of turmeric, ginseng, and lavender.

"That is so very kind of you," Reyna's eyes widened at the thoughtful gift. "Thank you so much. It will be put to good use."

"I have no doubt about it," he shook his head. "It's the least we can do. You, Nami, and the gentlemen outside freed us from that terrible fish-man. We are forever grateful."

Reyna left with an appreciative smile then pulled away to get out of her ruined clothes and proper wash.

The village seamstress opened her home for Reyna to use. (Another sweet gesture) The warm spray of the shower felt heavenly. The dirt and grime swirled around the drain, making Reyna feel like a brand new woman. With a towel wrapped around her, Reyna entered the small bedroom to find yet another thank you gift. 

The most beautiful dress she'd ever laid eyes on, and that was saying something, lay on the edge of the bed. Midnight black material with the faintest hint of blue felt as smooth as silk against Reyna's fingers. Small sparkles dotted the piece, glittering like stars in the night sky. Reyna was blown away. And beside the bed were a pair of comfortable, yet stylish, black, strappy sandals.

(I have many issues with AI, but sometimes even it blows my mind

(I have many issues with AI, but sometimes even it blows my mind. This is so beautiful!)

Coco Village was something else.

By the time Reyna was finished, the sun had set on the village, but the celebrations had just gotten started. The sticky, humid air clung to her bare shoulders as she navigated her way around the many children running around with sparklers in their hands. Across the small path sat Nami, watching the villagers with a satisfied smile. The two women exchanged nods before Reyna continued on her way.