CHAPTER 51: MISTY MOUNTAIN

TWO DAYS LATER

VALKARIE PALACE HELENA'S ROOM

"My liege, I have prepared your disguise... but are you sure I do not need to prepare a teleportation scroll?"

Grace asked Helena in a concerned tone. She could not understand why her liege would not use the teleportation scroll that would allow them to get to the secret base in seconds, but instead wanted to run to the secret base.

*CREAK* *DOOR OPENING*

"The teleportation scroll would be faster, but I need to check something out."

Helena said as she walks out of her bathroom. After coming out, she sees the disguise Grace prepared. It was a brown-colored cloak with rough patches, and she noticed a magic spell of concealment on it.

"Hmm... the disguise is great, but it still needs a little touch."

Helena said as she stretches her hand forward before saying.

'DEN'

A portal leading to her universe opens, and she walks into it.

"It's that black hole again. I wonder where it leads to."

Grace said as she walks closer to the portal, observing it. After observing it for a while, she became curious and tried touching it.

*TING*

As her hand got closer her werewolf instinct for danger kicked in.

*WHOOSH*

*BAM*

"Grrrrrr..."

Grace growled after jumping away from the portal. Her eyes glowed gold and her claws and fangs came out.

*BAM*

Helena jumps out of the portal in her new look and sees Grace staring at the portal with killing intent.

"Huh, Grace, what are you doing?"

Helena asked curiously. Snapping Grace out of attack mode.

"I- I am sorry, my liege. I didn't know what came over me."

Grace said as she bows on one knee in respect.

"I am not angry. I am just curious."

Helena said.

"Well, after my liege entered that black hole, I tried touching it, but I blacked out and the next thing I noticed was my liege calling my name."

Grace explained truthfully.

"I see... her werewolf instinct to survive must have kicked in after it sensed danger. I guess the senses of a werewolf are really sharp. If she had touched the portal without me taking her in, it would have turned her into ash. I should be more careful where I open the portal to people close to me don't get hurt."

Helena thought in her mind. Reflecting on her mistake.

"Well... it is my fault for not telling you how dangerous it was. I am sorry."

Helena apologized.

After hearing her liege apologize, Grace panicked and bowed with both knees and slams her head on the floor.

*BANG*

"P–please don't apologize, my liege. It is my fault for trying to touch something I know nothing about. I am sorry, my Liege!"

Grace said.

"... Why is she apologizing when she almost got killed because of my mistake? And looking at her reaction, it will not be easy to convince her that it's my fault. Ha..."