Twenty-Two

Valen tightened the girth strap around Ika's belly, making sure it was secure enough for two riders. Straightening, he took the saddle by the horn and backrest and gave it a pull. "There, that would hold a normal-sized Drass just fine – the two of us shouldn't be any problem."

Fang eyed the setup with some suspicion, eyes moving between him, the saddle and the manyu resting patiently on her chest in the straw. Today she wore a bright red riding coat trimmed in tawny fur, thick red leggings and black boots to her knees. Her long hair had been done up into a knot atop her head and covered with a thick felt hat tied under her chin; a pair of polarized snow-goggles hung by a strap around her neck ready to be cinched into place. Valen thought she looked utterly precious, especially dressed in red. It gave her fair skin a rosy glow and heightened the contrast between it and her dark eyes. As of late he noticed far more about his human concubine than just how she differed from Drass women – how her brows arched gently over her eyes, the softness of her cheeks and lips, and the way her rounded ears reminded him of a newborn manyu's before they uncurled. Sometimes he wondered if she was beautiful by human standards, and each time decided it didn't matter. She's pretty to me, that's enough.

"Are you sure?" Fang hesitated, "Not that I don't trust you, I just don't want to fall off." She glanced at Ika's paws and their three-inch claws. "Or stepped on."

Valen shook his head. "I promise you won't."

"If you say so." Fang took a step forward and under his riding kit Valen's skin rippled as if she'd touched him. Last night had been... something else, and his cock twitched as he recalled the moment she'd taken him inside her, hot and slick and fluttering on the edge of orgasm. He swallowed back the urge to push her down in the straw and held his hand out to her instead.

"It's all right, I only have four silver awards for distinction in riding and a gold certificate in training," he grinned. "You're in good hands."

Fang smirked. "Only four?" She took the proffered hand, though, and let him guide her to stand next to the manyu. "So, how do I get on?"

"Put your foot in the stirrup – no the other one," Valen directed, adjusting the leather loop. "Now grab the horn. When I say go, pull hard and swing your leg over her back. It's a lot easier when she's lying down like this. Go," he watched Fang lift her leg, and wrapped his hands around her waist to give her a boost. Fang gasped as he lifted her, her size making it an effortless task, and landed almost perfectly in the seat with her eyes wide and her mouth open in surprise. "See? Just like sitting on a chair."

"A hairy chair," Fang grumbled, but she let go of the saddle and reached forward to stroke Ika's neck. "No offense, girl." Valen smiled and mounted behind her, sliding into the space behind Fang in the saddle. Her back jerked straight as his thighs bumped against her backside, and Valen bit his cheek at her soft "ah!" of surprise. Taking her belt, Valen pulled Fang back against his chest; she turned her head back and Valen caught the slight upturn of her mouth as she smiled. The feel of her body against his, even clothed, got his hearts racing and Valen tensed the muscles in his legs to keep his cock from rising.

"Are you ready yet?" Outside Ika's box, Benna sat astride an ancient brown manyu called Grandmother, her short muzzle streaked with gray. "I can come back later if you two need more time alone." Despite her tone, the Warden's expression was closer to amusement than irritation – her mouth curled under her darkened goggles and heavy fur hat.

"Yes, Ben, we're ready. Fang, you can hold on to something if it makes you feel better." Flapping the leather straps attached to Ika's harness, he gave a sharp whistle and a "Hi-yup!" The manyu surged to her feet, drawing a gasp from Fang. Valen chuckled and switched to a one-handed guide, the other wrapping around her waist for added security – not that she needed it, but perhaps it would alarm her less. "You're fine," he told her as Ika lumbered towards the open side of the cavern, "you aren't going anywhere." He squeezed his thighs around her hips, partly to feel her between his legs and to assure her of her safety. "The only way you're going to fall is if I do, and I haven't fallen from a manyu in fifteen years."