Chapter 27

Ashers point of view

As Stella falls asleep, I watch her beautiful frame relax under my touch. When she texted, me telling me that she was going to a club a big part of me knew that she was going to drink more than she should. The last few months have been a lot for her, and I imagine being able to let loose in some way was a big deal for her. Weston called me when she was leaving to tell me that she had a decent amount to drink and would probably need to be taken care of a little once she got there, so I cut my meeting short and drove home. Sure, enough when I got home, she was sitting in the hallway, too drunk to even open the door. She got sick once and once I know she is asleep I slide out of the bed and make my way to the bathroom. I grab a few Aspirin tablets placing them on the nightstand along with a glass of water. I go to the living room and sit on the couch. My phone dings and it is Weston telling me to call him. Confused I hit his contact, and it rings a few times before he answers.

"I did not think you were going to call that quick." He says a little out of breath.

"Am I interrupting anything." I question.

"I mean a little but it's nothing I can't pick up in a few minutes." He says a smugness in his tone, and I know his lips are curled into a smirk.

I roll my eyes. "Tell Sienna I say hi." I retort.

I hear a little, " hi." From the other end of the line, no doubt from Sienna.

"Anyways I wanted you to call me because something happened at the bar that I felt you should know about."

"Oh?" I question, my ears perking up and my jay tenses.

"Yeah, at one point someone went up to Stella and was hitting on her. She shut him down really quick and I along with some of the security team scared them away but Archer she could have handled herself without our help." He says.

A sense of proudness took over me, knowing she was able to handle herself without me there gave me a sense of hope and confidence in her. Knowing she doesn't need me by her side at all times is comforting.

"Thank you for letting me know." I say not really knowing what else to say. He has always been an amazing friend and has always had my best interest at heart. We have been friends since before high School and even if we ever had time apart it never stopped us from talking to each other.

"So did you find out what her ring size is?" I ask.

"It's a size 7 Sienna got her to go to a ring store and try some on. She should have one on right now." He says.

"Perfect, thank you Man."

"Anytime, Archer I will always have your back."

"I know you do."

"Is there anything else I can do for you? Or am I good to go back to..." He trails off.

"No, you can go ahead and go I should go back and check on Stella, anyways." I say.

"I will talk to you soon Weston."

I hang up the phone and put it on the charger I have in the living room and make my way over to my room and see Stella is still passed out on the bed on her side. I grab a trash can and place it beside the side she is sleeping on. I take off my suit and change into a pair of gray sweatpants. I walk over to my side of the bed and lay down. My mind swirls with so many thoughts but knowing she is right next to me, safe gives me some comfort. I close my eyes willing my mind to slow my racing thoughts. After what felt life forever, I was finally able to feel myself drifting off.

*****

I wake up slowly but realize that I am drenched in sweat. Confused I look around and Find Stella still fast asleep but the medicine I had put on the nightstand is gone. I look at the clock, it reads 5:30am. I slide out of the bed and go into the bathroom taking a quick shower to clean my body. I dry off and decide to not wear a full suite today, so I put on a pair of rust-colored slacks, with a white button up shirt. I roll up the sleeves a little bit and then put on a nice watch. I style my hair and then walk back out finding Stella scrolling through her phone.