chapter 8

My eyes open and I instantly close my eyes again due to the blinding light. I try again this time opening them slowly so my eyes can adjust. I sit up slowly looking around. I don't recognize the room I am in and it causes confusion and concern to seep into my thoughts. I swing my legs to the end of the bed and sit for a little bit before standing to my feet. I look around and fine myself surrounded by windows to my right and a door to my left. I walk to the top of a staircase which connects directly to the room. I walk down it and end up in the living room. Windows surround me  and I can see some sitting space outside. I keep walking and see Asher sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen.

 "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm fine. Where am I?" I question.

"You are at my penthouse. You passed out and I wanted to keep an eye on you and your friend was way to wasted to do that so I just brought you here." He says.

I nod my head and back up a bit so I am leaning against the wall for support.He quickly gets up and comes to my side. 

"Why don't you sit down?" He asks leading me to one of the bar stools.

I sit on it and put my head in my hands my eyes closing.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask after a few moments of silence.

"Because believe it or not I care about you." He responds.

"We have  only known each other for a few days how can you possibly care about me?" I question.

"Does it really matter how I came to care for you Stella?" He quizzes.

"Never mind. I think I am just going to call Hudson and have him come get me." I say standing up but stumbling over my feet.

"No need. I am going to have you stay here for a couple days that way you can get the rest you need. And don't even bother coming into work." He says.

"I can't just not go to work. I need the money." I say trying to reason. 

"I am still going to pay you." He says as his phone dings signaling a text.

"No You pay me to get my job done." I say.

"Fine. I have an emergency to deal with. Samantha will make you something for breakfast just go ahead and tell her what you want and she will make it for you." He says standing up and making his way out of my site.

"What can I get you miss Stella?" Someone says causing me to jump a little.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you miss." I am assuming Samantha says.

"It's fine I'm just easily startled." I say.

"Well is there anything I can get you?" She asks.

"No I am fine. What is today's date?" I ask.

"April 23rd. Why?" She questions.

"No reason. I am going to just um rest." I say making my way away from the kitchen. 

I pull my phone out and call Hudson.

"Good morning miss Stella." He says.

"Good morning can you come and get me please?" I ask.

"I am under strict rules not to." He says. 

"Please I just need to go somewhere." I plead.

"I'm sorry Stella." He says hanging up. 

I sigh but shove my phone back in my pocket. I look around and someone will know it I leave but I need to go. I need to see them.

I make my way to the door and slowly open it. I sneak out when I have the door open wide enough for me to slip through. I look around and see an elevator ahead. I walk towards it but find stairs instead and who knows who could be in that elevator. I go to the stairs and start making my way down them. I get to the lobby and it is surrounded by people and there is a bellhop and a person that holds the door open. I confidently walk out the door and thankfully go unnoticed. I walk down the street and take in my surroundings. We are close to Ashers building so I make my way to my apartment which is about an an hour walk or so. I call Sienna and she answers on the first ring.