Chapter 1

Stellas point of view

 I sit quietly staring at the wall my mind racing with thoughts, today is the first day all week that I get the full day off and I have been using my time trying to get this recipe right for the last three hours. All I have to do is put on the finishing touches on the cake and then it will finally be ready to go into the shops display. Eliza my boss lets me bake things to put in the displays for a little extra cash. I am trying to start up my own Bakery and party planning business and let me tell you it is not the easiest thing in the world in fact it is way more difficult than I expected it to be.

My phone starts ringing and I pick it up looking at the collar ID Finding that it is Eliza

"Good afternoon Eliza." I answer.

"I know today is your only day off but I was wondering if you could come in for a few hours Kelsie called off sick and so now I don't have anyone to cover." Eliza says and I can hear the wariness in her voice.

"Of course I can come in. I will be there in about half an hour okay?" I ask.

"Awesome thank you Stella." Eliza says.

"Your welcome bu-bye now." I say hanging up the phone.

 The cupcake shop I work at doesn't have any specific dress code so I run into my room and throw on a pair of ripped light blue skinny jeans a navy satin cami throwing on a chunky knit cardigan over it. I slip on some tan suede shoes from Nordstrom and put a hair tie around my wrist and grab my keys making my way out the door and start walking to the shop. When I get there I walk in and Eliza walks out to greet me. 

"Oh thank you so much dear for coming in." She says.

"Its alright I wanted to get away from The project anyways so it works out fine." I say.  

She gives me a quick hug before asking me to manage the front for her. 

"Is anyone else coming in today?" I ask.

"Hannah is coming in later today. Do you have a time that you need to be home?" She asks.

"No I am all yours for as long as you need." I say.

She nods her head and makes her way back into the back area where we make all of our treats. I walk around rearranging things and making sure everything is set up and in its spots. A few people walk in and I help take there order and get them what the want. They pay for there things and then they leave. I grab a towel and go wipe off the 3 tables we have in the store. 

-6 hours later-

Hannah has just walked in the door and went to the back to get ready for her shift. I pull my water bottle out from under the casheer area and I hear the door bell thing we have. I look up and see a guy in a nice suit walk in. He has dark brown almost black hair. His face is covered in slight stubble and he has a stern serious look covering his face.

"Hi How can I help you today?" I ask. 

"Yes I need a dozen cupcakes it can be various ones just go ahead and pick out whichever ones you want." He says sounding rather irritated and not once looking up from his phone.

"Of course sir." Is my response. 

I go get a box and put a dozen different cupcakes into the box. I put the string around it and walk over to the cahseer area. 

"That will be $15.39." I say. 

He hands me his card and I swipe it. I hand it back to him and hand him the box of cupcakes. Our hands touch and for the first time during this interaction he looks up at me and makes direct eye contact.

"I'm sorry here are your cupcakes." I say squirming a bit from  his intense gaze

"Thank you..." He says trailing off looking to my name tag before looking back at my eyes.

"Stella." He finishes. 

"It's my pleasure. Have a great day." I say. 

He walks out and Hannah walks over to me relieving me from my shift. 

"Goodbye Eliza!" I yell.

"Goodnight dear thanks again."

"Anytime." I respond. 

I walk out of the door and start my walk back to my apartment.

When I walk through the door I set my things down and make my way to the fridge. I grab a water bottle and make my way to the couch sitting down and turning on some music. I grab my laptop and look through different listings in the area as well as some potential clients until my eyes start to get irritated from staring to the screen too long. I stand up and take care of some business in the bathroom before going to my kitchen to find something to eat.

I open it only to find a thing of carrots, ranch, and a lunch-able. I sigh grabbing the lunch-able and sit back on the couch turning the T.V on and watching some random news channel.  I eat the food and after a few minutes it is gone and I am still starving. I try taking my mind off of the fact that I am hungry and go run myself a bath. I sit in the warm water until it is then cold. I hop out and dry myself off. I throw on a pair of light pink booty shorts that have black hearts all over them. The shirt is black with the words less sleep in light pink cursive. I walk over to my bed and pull out a random book I have sitting in my side table. I pick it up and  continue reading it my stomach grumbles and I look down at it.

You are perfectly fine I don't have any other food for you so shh.

I turn my attention back to the book and before too long I find my eyes slowly shutting and I loose consciousness.