5. Damian

Palace

"Shira, darling.", the king chimes, practically flying towards me, as his lips brush my cheek. Someone's keen. "I'd like to discuss our future."

My eyes roll. Here we go again...

A piercing triumphant sound arouses me as my body drops out of the bed. Ow!

" A peasant is engaged to the queen of Haeloios Realm."

Haeloios Realm?

"Our enemy, his name..."

Damian Alder. My brother's name continues in my head. "Oh, Bloody hell!"

My ophrange family turns their head towards me, as the elders walk. "Why would he do this?" I don't know. My brother, my other half, wants me dead. The thought unflatered in my head, why is he doing this?

But my thoughts are postponed when my elder speaks. "The king will know what to do." She kisses my cheek, departing from my room. And my legs stir me back to my bed, my head facing the sheets, until a knock on my window emerges. Damian?

My hands drag the handle, as Damian walks in. His eyes were red, and the bags under his eyes were sharp. Why was he crying? Is someone blackmailing him? At that moment my heart felt betrayed, hateful, and disgusted. But it couldn't help but feel hope, maybe we're misunderstanding the situation. Perhaps he doesn't want to set war. Perhaps he doesn't want me dead. My hands brush his shoulders, and my mouth speaks profoundly.

"What's wrong?"

Damian's eyes gradually advance upwards, a smirk materializing on his lips, and then I knew he wasn't being blackmailed, this was no one's doing despite his. All the despair, the war, and furthermore, it was his objective. And he was relishing overseeing every moment of it.

"Why?"

Damian chortles uncontrollably, like my query was the most amusing thing in the world. It was taunting, it felt like being mocked. Perhaps I was?

"I've been planning this for a while, Shira. Every moment, every detail, down to the dot. Starting with you."

"You stole the crown for me."

"You can have it.", my voice expresses, causing Damian to chuckle more.  "You say that now, but you'll change. You're just not ready. And now that I see that. It can't just be given to me. It must be won—"

"And I'll win it. Every battle, every war. You'll be dead, and I'll be king. See you in a few days."

To Be Continued...