12. My Choice

"Dark magic is a gift from the devil, and we as angels, don't have access to it, so now the gift and the curse are adjoining, causing the veins."

No! I'm going to die...

"You must take it out."

"We don't have access to it, it's a gift. The only way gifted dark magic can be defeated is by doing the opposite."

"And what's that?"

"You must kill a pure soul. A soul aligned in their cards."

"What? I can't kill a pure soul. A being that has done nothing unjust, merely to save myself. There must be a logical way."

I understood it was immoral to heave the Dark Queen's heart, but this is unjust, a merely bad decision endows me with a life of death. It wasn't fair. The heaviness weighed on my heart, and all my apathy began to form. Why? Tears fall out my eyes, as my body sinks to the floor, and the angels rest to wings, their hands on my shoulders. "You are the chosen one."

My eyes glimpse up, my heart is emitted with a curse, I'm no longer pure, and no longer the chosen one. "But?"

"But frivolity, child. This hex is a diminutive obstacle, you'll face in the years to come. You'll survive this, it's just one soul. Ask yourself..."

"Is one soul more significant than maintaining yours?"

"The man's name is Sepher, he is a young wizard, about your age. And he is a royal wizard, a part of your court. Remember, you don't need to perform the act of slaying him to save yourself, merely convince someone else of his treason.  Fulfill your mission or you die."

"We grant you with a dragon. We know you'll construct the suitable choice."

Thank you so much for the 100 reads. I think I'm going to make this story a sequel. {another book relating to this one} Thank you so much. Stay tuned for when I post the next chapter. Bye!